How to find a good extensionist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkiepromises

Reaction score
Hey hair geeks!
I'm trying to find someone who's very experienced in hair extensions, who uses lots of different methods, and who will do a really great job! I'm not after as cheap as I can get, I'm after quality hair, with a quality hairdresser to look after them. I'm having trouble with Facebook, finding anyone near me is difficult, there seem to be a lot of ppl who've done a 2 day type course (like nails) and I need someone who's done extensive training.. how do I find someone who's really good? I've tried google, not really helpful. Ideally they would need to be a qualified hairdresser too, I know I don't want much! [emoji50]. So how do I find someone? Do you guys have like a regulatory body? Or should I be looking for certain type of qualifications?

Please help geeks, I really want my beautiful hair back [emoji20]
Xxx Sarah xxx

Recommendations are always a good place to start. Ask around anyone who has extensions already and see who they recommend, you will find that the same name will pop up multiple times if they’re good. A lot of the hair extension courses are only a couple of days so I’m not sure what you mean by extensive training. They require study models after the course and then there is the years of experience and usually ( as you will see on these threads) lots of research and constant updating of knowledge and products. You can usually tell from a consultation if you’re happy with your extension tech. She (or he) will be knowledgeable and offer you practical and reasonable expectations. Hope this is helpful good luck!

Thank you!
I've found a couple on Facebook that people recommend. Would a tech get annoyed with me if after a consult I decided not to book in? I'm going to go to a few and decide from there, is that ok to do? Or is it something that's not done?
Thank for your help! I think what I was trying to say is, I would like someone with a lot of experience. In nails, people go from nothing, do a 2 day course, and then start doing nails. There's a lot more to it than that. I didn't know that extension courses were actually a few days, sorry for my ignorance xx

hi Sarah. i have been applying hair extensions for nearly 20 years. as a rule of thumb all consultations are completely free and with no obligation. I feel it is important not only to ensure that the client's hair is strong enough to take extensions,whether it be pre bonded micro fusion micro beads etc, but also that the client understands how to maintain their hair, how to style it and the importance of maintenance appointments . from a client's perspective there are a number of points to consider. cost, whether it causes damage to their own hair, value for money and whether the hair looks natural. I would be happy to advise you further if you want to PM me. Anna

[edited to remove phone number.
Please PM geek, if interested.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back