How to get rid of 'banding' in blonde hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaLea

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to all this and this is my first post....so hope i can get some good responses!! :) Im NVQ level 2 qualified in hairdressing (just)!

my question...is more level 3 stuff i would of thought but i would like to know how you would tackle 'banding' in a clients hair.....if the client has really light..nearly white hair?!? i have had this problem with my own hair and its very fustrating....a toner is great for short term but after afew washes you begin to see it again! My tutors always suggest toners but surely there is a better way?!?

all help much appreciated :) :) LeaLea xx

Hi LeaLea
I think your tutors will be recommending toners as this is the easiest and best non-damaging way of dealing with the problem. Maybe a toning shampoo to be used once a week would be a good maintenance routine to keep the banding at bay.
The only permanent way i know of fixing it would be to have the darker areas bleached..gently..but this could cause damage to your hair, it wont take long for the bleach to lift it so it would need applying quickly and carefully to make sure it didnt overlap onto the rest of the hair which could cause snapping. Maybe a gentle bleach bath mixture applied to the effected areas would be the best way to do this.

Toning is definatley the easiest way though.

Maybe some more experienced geeks may have better solutions to this prob, i'll be interested in this too. xx

Latest posts

Back