How to handle the "un-request"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseDavidNailDesign

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Was working the front desk today and had a call for a service. But she requested not to be with a certain therapist. Now the therapist has shown improvement, and I feel comfortable booking her with services. How do I get these clients to give her a chance again? Is it just a matter of time, or am I stuck re-routing these clients forever?

Oh dear, not an easy one, but to be honest the clients are paying and they have a right to ask not to be booked with a certain therapist if they were not happy with a previous treatment. At the end of the day you do not want to put people off from returning.

Many years ago when I was working in a salon that did hair as well there was a hairdresser that was employed who was just qualified and she made some terrible mistakes in her first few months. At the time I did not know how she kept her job to be honest but she had a really good attitude, accepted the complaints and she learnt because she wanted to. She improved very quickly and became very good and eventually well requested and constantly busy, but for a while there were a good few clients that refused to be booked with her again and their request was always respected without hesitation.

The managers view was the clients were paying and always had the right to ask. The hairdresser was aware of the situation and knew that she would either gain her own clients and build a good reputation for herself or she would have to leave. She was able to build up her own clients as there was always new clients coming to the salon that were booked with her and eventually even the clients that did not want to be placed with her before were happy and a couple became her regulars at their request - Guess "the proof is in the pudding as they say" and its just allowing time and her the chance to prove herself. xx

Yeah, i think client complaints are bound to happen if you do enough services.

I am most impressed with this girls attitude and resolve to be better.

I think it will just take time, as you say.

Thanks for your input!

Also people request therapists/stylists so they are well within their rights to not request one.

Becki xxx

Latest posts

Back