how to make best use of £5.00 off any treatment voucher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock chic

Reaction score
Hi all
Just wanted a few opionions, i recently done up postcards on vistaprint for my salon they have my salon name and they say our gift to you £5.00 off any treatment(one per person). I wondering what would best way to use these to market myself i suppose i can give some to my regular customers but i sorta wanna use them to entice new people through my door would i best to go to gyms,asda,tescos and big clothes shops and hand few in for staff our what do you think. all advice welcome.:hug:

hi if its looking to entice new customers, i have to say from my own perspective when i see money off vouchers unless its for a big amount i dont bother with it unless i usually go there anyway, but when im in a shop and i see a leaflet advertising march special and there doing gel nails and tan for some really good discounbt, that gets my attention, even if i was not looking to get these treatments done i say but for that price its worth it, so for me really attractive apecials catch my eye and make me consider visiting a salon that i have not done before. then do you have any local college/unniversity near you, as i know the salon beside the unniversity near me, did out a seperate prioce list for students not just your usual ten percent off for students, but actaully every treatment listed with a good discount and she is out the door, or if you work near big enough companies why not offer there staff an all year round discount to entice them to go to you over anyone else there just some ideas that i have seen work from a business point off view, and then from a client point off view theyd catch my eye

I do £5.00 gift vouchers to various charities/schools/playgroups etc for them to give away as raffle prizes.
Got a few new customers from them and free advertising!

I have my salon listed on Ebay and have had a few customers from this. It costs me £4.99 a month but i have got a lot of pics on there and i paid extra to have it bold but still it's very cheap advertising. You could probably do one for about £1 a month. List your business on there and then perhaps have a special offer of the month. Offer clients £5 off any treatments for the month of April or whenever. Really is cheap advertising:lol:

thanks for your replys geeks as always so helpful. i think i've had a brain wave thought about putting up a poster with the share the secret thing on it basically telling them how it works and then if they refer a new customer to me i will give them my 5.oo off voucher,cause i have them done up and printed out so have to make use of them and thought this might work what do you think geeks???:hug:

Instead of trying to find new customers yourself why don't you make your clients do the leg work by doing 'a recommend a friend' promotion. Consider how much more effective a trusted friend would be at persuading you to try something new when they are an advocate themself and they are impartial, compared to an advert. Your biggest spending clients are likely to have friends who also have interests in treatments. In addition, by undertaking this approach you are rewarding your best clients too.

Hope that helps. Check out my blogs for more marketing advice.

I offer discounts on my quiet days - for example thursdays between 10am and 2pm i have offers running every month works for me xx

Latest posts

Back