How to provide a lasting curl in long & thick Asian hair.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileKat

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My niece has very long, very thick asian hair.

She has tried all sorts to get a long lasting curl to no avail, the style drops within an hour.

I have mentioned that the best thing would be a good old fashioned set but I would have to do this for her every time as she would find it quite difficult to do herself.

Her mum is thinking of buying her this new styler from the high st,

http://www.boots.com/en/InStyler-multi-tool-3-in-1-rotating-iron-As-seen-on-TV_1221395/

I've taken a look at it and personally think it will be a waste of money.
My question is this -
What do you guys think? Good old fashioned set or more heated styling equipment?

Thankyou in advance xxx

Hi, one of our staff has course asian hair, we find curl doesnt take to well.
We use a twiddle stic on her, its by doll, have a look on their website, it works really well on her hair, and doesnt drop too much, we use medium.
Hope this helps x

I use Loreal tec ni pli setting lotion on dry hair and wind on velcro rollers and put under dryer, sets beautifully, shiny, and curl hold for ages!

Get her to get a strong hold mousse or settin gel - blast her hair upside down until its 70% dry then show her how to put in velcro rollers herself and just leave to dry for an hour or two or she can blast them with cold dryer :)

Actually cloud 9's the O heated rollers are fantastic I'm sure they're ceramic :)

Cloud 9 ' the o ' would be of no use as the rollers are heavy and would not provide the curl you are after ...be even more of a waste of money.
Pli and a set would last the longest! :)

Latest posts

Back