How was January for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering how all you fellow geeks found business in January.

The 1st 2 weeks for us were the usual direness. Week 3 was surprisingly good, (especially considering it was before pay day and after Christmas), last week not bad. Our appointment book is looking fairly healthy for the next couple of weeks as well. I think this is down to the amount of time & energy I put into marketing the salon and getting our regulars to spend more money.

With all the doom and gloom on the news about the financial economy do you feel it's making a difference in your business?

Has business improved or worsened since this time last year?

If lots of us are having a tough time it might help us feel better by knowing we're not alone.

Well, so far January has been no different to the rest of the year; I've lost one client this month due to "financial" reasons, but she has been replaced with four new ones who have all come on recommendation, which is lovely. I have about 40 regulars, most of 'em die hards, who would rather give up food and drink than nails lol! Vain lot! (Love 'em though.)

I know what you mean about the doom and gloom, though, but hopefully it won't make too much difference. I guess I'm quite lucky that around half my clientele are over 50 and this age group tend to have quite a bit of disposable income.

well I don't know really as only been at this place 3 months, and have so far seen 32 new clients.
Sold loads of gift vouchers which will be coming up for expiry at the end of Feb so people have been trickling in.

:lol: Hi
My first January since opening will be 1st Anniversary on 5th feb so nothing to compare it to. However we have been voucher busy. I think you have done well 32 clients in 3 months are you working alone?
Ksibet 5031

After chatting with some of our clients this week, a lot of them have said that with all the doom & gloom and worry of the economy, they have made it their New Years resolution to take time out and spend more on themselves.

Hopefully then, this so called recession we're heading towards won't effect us therapists.

January has been good for me and my monthly take is actually up on oct and nov. I have noticed a difference in the treatments i'm doing, lots of make up lessons and more manis than pedis x

:lol: Hi
My first January since opening will be 1st Anniversary on 5th feb so nothing to compare it to. However we have been voucher busy. I think you have done well 32 clients in 3 months are you working alone?
Ksibet 5031

thanks, and yes, just little ol' me!

Latest posts

Back