Hypocrites betting on the Grand National

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at companies such as Michael Kors, viktor & rolf, Estée Lauder, WELLA, loreal, Redken and many more products most of the people in this thread have used ALL TEST THEIR PRODUCTS ON ANIMALS!

If people didn't use and buy products from these companies they would not exist much like how the grand national wouldn't if no one bet on the horses.

Looks like most people are hippocrates to some extent....

How do you think people would react to the Government saying ' We're now testing all chemicals, ingredients and drugs on humans. ..it's the new national service and everyone over 16 will have a turn, you will be caged for 10 months, be subjected to force feeding by tube and will be blind from the chemicals that will be pumped into your eyes.. but you may get a cure for cancer' .. half the population wouldn't be here today without testing on animals unfortunately. .. How many people would agree to life saving drugs being tested on animals but not beauty products which we put on our eyes! I believe there you will see hypocrites...

I hate any animal being hurt or cruely treated, I'm just sharing a different outlook on it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

A whip is not NOTHING. Get your OH to whip you every day for 3 years and then come back and tell us how "nothing" it is. FFS!!!

Whipping a horse is completely different to whipping a human. Horses have much thicker skin and are stronger than us. I still don't like them doing it but I just wanted to to say that this is not the same at all. I read an article from a journalist who was whipped on the hand as hard as the jockey does to a horse and it didn't hurt his hand at all, and the whips have been tested to ensure that they don't hurt the horses x

As a horsy girl I have no strong feelings to ban racing. The thoroughbred horse is bred to run as its not much good for anything else unfortunately They make terrible hacks so racing is the best thing for them. They enjoy racing, it's in their blood and having been around horses pretty much all my life no matter how much you beat a horse, if it didn't want to run it wouldn't. The whips jockeys use are a flat ended whip, they do not hurt the horse like many think, it's more encouragement but I do agree with conditions being set on how the whip is used.
I personally don't like racing, I just don't find it interesting, I also won't watch the grand national because I think the field is too big and the jumps too high, this in my opinion needs to be changed to assist the horses and prevent injuries or fatalities

Horses die on the racing field every day, we just don't see it cos it's not televised, they die the same way in which my friends horses died when it fell over in the field and got it's leg severed in the gate, or my other friend who's horse collapsed and died whilst out for a steady hack one day, or the other friends who's horse threw her off and got out on the road, or when another friend horse kicked out in the stable and severed it's stifle joint etc. horses unfortunately die or get killed every day on the roads or in their own fields or stable we just don't know.

Very sad but true!

INBRED to run, yes so a lot of them go crazy, because they are so inbred. So no a lot of them can't be used for everyday riding!

Unfortunately these are the thoughts of the so called 'horsey lovers' who are involved in racing etc.

Cheltenham rider Ruby Walsh gets death threats in row over dead horses | Mail Online

A horse dying through an accident in a field is very different than dying on a racetrack, with the grand national the jumps are too big and there are far too many horses running. It's so wrong :Scared:

In some cultures cows are holy sacred creatures and americans eat enough cow to appear barbaric and a nation full of sinners. So you could whip, beat, and kill a horse all you want but if you so much as whisper an insult to a cow your soul will burn.

Its all subjective according to how you were raised and where you were raised. Be careful being the morality police because there is always someone out there that feels even more morally superior to you.

How do you think people would react to the Government saying ' We're now testing all chemicals, ingredients and drugs on humans. ..it's the new national service and everyone over 16 will have a turn, you will be caged for 10 months, be subjected to force feeding by tube and will be blind from the chemicals that will be pumped into your eyes.. but you may get a cure for cancer' .. half the population wouldn't be here today without testing on animals unfortunately. .. How many people would agree to life saving drugs being tested on animals but not beauty products which we put on our eyes! I believe there you will see hypocrites...

I hate any animal being hurt or cruely treated, I'm just sharing a different outlook on it.

But we get paid to do clinical trials! Also they have been curing rats/mice of cancer for decades and it doesn't work in humans!!! If I was dying of cancer of they said; 'we think we've found a cure we could try on it you,' I'd do it because I'd be dying anyway!
I think everyone would. There is no excuse for testing on animals it's disgusting and there's no point in it. If a disease is causing you pain etc you'd be a guinea pig, I know I would.

At the end of the day animals were not put on this earth for our entertainment. Most sports which cause death to the animals involved have been banned. ( except hunting which, for as long as the toffs are in the house of lords will never be banned). Dog fighting, cock fighting are both banned but because racing is an elitist "sport" the cruelty is going to continue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

But we get paid to do clinical trials! Also they have been curing rats/mice of cancer for decades and it doesn't work in humans!!! If I was dying of cancer of they said; 'we think we've found a cure we could try on it you,' I'd do it because I'd be dying anyway!
I think everyone would. There is no excuse for testing on animals it's disgusting and there's no point in it. If a disease is causing you pain etc you'd be a guinea pig, I know I would.

Touch my Guinea pig and you'll know it. ..

There are many things that are available to us that the Government hide away. A cure for cancer probably being one of them... but we all have to die, that is life. We cannot be kept alive forever and as the Government receive billions upon billions of pounds for medicine prescriptions annually it will probably be left that way.

As an example: Have you ever wondered who found a squid and thought ' Hmmm he looks nice to eat with his long tenticles and slimy body I'll just pop him in my mouth for a few minutes'....

I hear what you are saying. And I have to admit the little mouse growing a human ear out of its back doesn't look very pretty.... but i believe without animal testing (back all those years ago) we wouldn't have half of what we've got now. Times move on and so does technology so I agree there are kinder ways these days to test.

Last edited:
So how many of you still ate meat when the whole horse meat thing came about?? Least jockeys dont kill the horses to eat for their dinner!

Could we debate this in an intelligent manner please, agreeing to disagree if necessary....but please do not descend into the ridiculous.

So how many of you still ate meat when the whole horse meat thing came about?? Least jockeys dont kill the horses to eat for their dinner!

That would be better than killing them to win a competition so people can win money to buy drinks.

Could we debate this in an intelligent manner please, agreeing to disagree if necessary....but please do not descend into the ridiculous.

What are you implying that is ridiculous?

Just saying your against animal cruelty etc especially with horses but I bet most of you still ate horse meat

Just saying your against animal cruelty etc especially with horses but I bet most of you still ate horse meat

Probably only those that shopped in Iceland and liked lasagne... !

Ummm no, I don't recall the farmer I buy my meat from in Cheshire mistaking a cow for a horse. And I don't buy frozen supermarket burgers or eat burgers unless I've made them so I doubt very much I have eaten a horse. Although in France it's part of the food chain. They are slaughtered for food.

A lot of people will be against the grand national due to abuse and it's a really good thing that people don't bet on it and those people should be encouraged for helping. Every little good deed goes someway to stopping abuse. I think a lot of people get angry at the idea of 'selective compassion' where people complain about the poor horses but then they get their Mac makeup out which is tested on animals and they go out for a meat filled meal. All these animals suffer but there must be a starting point for everyone and if the grand national is it then hopefully it grows from there. I'm in the process of going vegan and I must admit it is hard to listen to 'animal lovers' contradicting themselves but its definately a case of biting your tongue and encouraging them. The carrot or the stick or whatever that saying is xx

They wernt just in burgers or lasagne at iceland lol

Yes, I think we all read/heard the reports when they came out. It certainly wasn't in my meat.

Anyway, you're welcome to join this thread. I won't tell you to get off. I like a good healthy debate. It's a great way to learn new facts. :biggrin:

I'm not quite sure how you got on to the horsemeat scandal from last year, but it is off topic here, and makes no real sense anyway as no one deliberately ate horsemeat, it was labelled as beef......that was the scandal ;)
But again that is not the topic of this thread.

I'm not quite sure how you got on to the horsemeat scandal from last year, but it is off topic here, and makes no real sense anyway as no one deliberately ate horsemeat, it was labelled as beef......that was the scandal ;)
But again that is not the topic of this thread.

Looooool
This is hilarious....

Latest posts

Back