Hypocrites betting on the Grand National

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oppps...may have been my fault - Sorry. The post was "....I suppose you still ate horse meat?".......but we all know there are very few people that actively eat horse meat.....that's where my comment of "probably only those that shopped in Iceland and ate lasagne" came from..............which was pertaining to the scandal!

Apologies - always in trouble just the depth that varies.

Oppps...may have been my fault - Sorry. The post was "....I suppose you still ate horse meat?".......but we all know there are very few people that actively eat horse meat.....that's where my comment of "probably only those that shopped in Iceland and ate lasagne" came from..............which was pertaining to the scandal!

Apologies - always in trouble just the depth that varies.

I love your new avatar!

I've eaten a zebra, and have a zebra skinned handbag... Just saying...

I love your new avatar!

We shouldn't limit our abilities MM. Always striving to be the best in everything I do.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It can go on and on can't it. I have a real polar fox fur hat from Russia which cost hundreds of pounds. .. It was a present and seeing as that poor Fox died to produce my hat I'll wear it in its honour.

Surely the horse that refused to start TWICE just goes to show that you can't make a horse race if it doesn't want to? I love the Grand National, it's a great British tradition, like the boat race. The fences may look high but they are not solid so can be ridden through and the whips are not hitting the horses hard, the look like they are but they are actually being shown to the horse to ask it to run faster. I own horses and if they don't want to do something, they won't. As simple as that. Haven't any of you heard "you can lead a horse to water....." These race horses have a relatively short racing career and live the absolute lap of luxury with people pampering to their every need. I support the industry and always will. And anyone who disagrees but eats meat are just HYPOCRITES! Far worse goes on in that industry than anything associated with sport. :mad:

Why can't people see the difference between slaughtering for food and killing animals needlessly in sport? It's not hard.

"Lap of luxury". Really?

Ever heard the expression "wake up and smell the roses?"

Why does a horse run faster when it is "shown" the whip? Have a little think about it. No, actually, have a good long hard think about it.

Why can't people see the difference between slaughtering for food and killing animals needlessly in sport? It's not hard.

"Lap of luxury". Really?

Ever heard the expression "wake up and smell the roses?"

Why does a horse run faster when it is "shown" the whip? Have a little think about it. No, actually, have a good long hard think about it.

Wow! How rude! Have you ever actually been to a racing stable? No? Well, I have. Have you ever heard of "get your facts straight?" No? Google it.

All I can see is fear in the horses faces ! I really don't believe they can possibly enjoy the pressure, and I won't watch the grand national, it's got a nasty edge to it.

Horse meat is quite healthy, as well as tasty. It's a business just like beef, pork and lamb farmers/producers.

I think some of the people shouting about the place horse racing has un British history would do well to remember that fox hunting is also a huge part of our culture, as was cock fighting but they have still been banned in the UK.
Horses love to run, that is true but it is also a Cocks natural instinct to fight and we wouldn't bet on cock fighting would we?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think some of the people shouting about the place horse racing has un British history would do well to remember that fox hunting is also a huge part of our culture, as was cock fighting but they have still been banned in the UK.
Horses love to run, that is true but it is also a Cocks natural instinct to fight and we wouldn't bet on cock fighting would we?

Not to mention slapping children, eh? :wink2:

And yes, I grew up around stables and had a job in a livery yard so yes I have experience

Not to mention slapping children, eh? :wink2:

I'd rather whip a kid than a horse. .. and i'd make sure it hurt!

Like everything, it is personal opinion. Nothing more. I find it hard to believe salon geek is going to change the world. ... Or the Grand National.... Although some believe it will i'm sure.

People have very strong views on this subject.

Gosh wearing fur is something I completely and utterly hate. Why would you wear that, shows you support that trade. However probably best sticking to the subject as I don't want to go off topic as that is something I feel strongly about.

Gosh wearing fur is something I completely and utterly hate. Why would you wear that, shows you support that trade. However probably best sticking to the subject as I don't want to go off topic as that is something I feel strongly about.

But you probably wear leather shoes?

I like presents. It's rude to refuse a present.

My horsey friends are dead against the grand national.
And i may get shot down for whats coming next but this is my understanding of horse racing; The course is dangerous, the jumps are too high, horses fall most years and are lame if they break a bone so are of no use and then they are put to sleep. And i know how thats done n it makes me feel sick.
Yes they are treated amazingly well off the racecourse and loved like those with pets love thier animals but they have a purpose and its a dangerous one. If a dog breaks its leg they are nursed to health if a race horse breaks its leg its often good night vienna. Thats definitely grim.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't mind horses racing but can't they take the jumps out and just let them.....race? It's the jumps that upset me and why I no longer watch.

Latest posts

Back