Hypocrites betting on the Grand National

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I don't wear leather shoes. I appreciate was a gift doesn't mean you have to wear it! Obviously you don't have a strong feeling against as I do so obviously you're going to wear it. I'm just saying I don't agree with the whole fur trade thing. As I said before though there are so many issues relating to this and people probably agree with one but disagree with another. I just love animals and don't like thought of them being used for vanity, money and so on. That's just me. Some people would agree or disagree on different levels. I respect that. I come across people all the time that don't share my view. People in work in fact talk about all the different animals they've eaten, to the really unusual and exotic to pigeon and duck, but I keep quiet. After all they know my stance and what good would preaching do? Sad but true. They know I would disagree and I've said that I don't agree with the badger cull for instance and had several of them gang up on me. So what good would it do.

Have to say horse is one of my fave meats! It's delicious.

My understanding is that if a horse injures it's leg it is incredibly difficult to repair because the legs are mostly ligaments and not muscles.

Have to say I really don't get horse racing, just like I don't get football. I never used to get boxing until I started doing it at the gym.

There are many people who want to see boxing banned. Many people want to see horse racing banned.

Unfortunately we live in world that isn't perfect and we can't please everyone.

Not sure why you say horse is your favourite meat. That's not what the topic question was asking and if it was in response to another comment you've seen here then I don't know if it was intended to offend.

I thought this would turn out to be an interesting thread. I've just read through the last few pages and can't believe the ridiculous, immature responses. It's actually made me cringe. Especially the
'Have you ever actually been to a racing stable? No? Well, I have.' Why don't you just add 'Ner, ner, na ner nerrrr' to the end of that sentence. I have no idea how it's gone from discussing the reasons why we feel the race is cruel, to bragging about what wild animals we've managed to sink our teeth into.

No I don't wear leather shoes. I appreciate was a gift doesn't mean you have to wear it! Obviously you don't have a strong feeling against as I do so obviously you're going to wear it. I'm just saying I don't agree with the whole fur trade thing. As I said before though there are so many issues relating to this and people probably agree with one but disagree with another. I just love animals and don't like thought of them being used for vanity, money and so on. That's just me. Some people would agree or disagree on different levels. I respect that. I come across people all the time that don't share my view. People in work in fact talk about all the different animals they've eaten, to the really unusual and exotic to pigeon and duck, but I keep quiet. After all they know my stance and what good would preaching do? Sad but true. They know I would disagree and I've said that I don't agree with the badger cull for instance and had several of them gang up on me. So what good would it do.

That's cool. I respect your opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not sure why you say horse is your favourite meat. That's not what the topic question was asking and if it was in response to another comment you've seen here then I don't know if it was intended to offend.

Possibly because I mentioned that I also like horse meat. It that a taboo? We are talking about horses and how they are kept, bred and what for so I don't really see it off topic.

Against animal cruelty? Are you all vegetarian? Do you wear leather shoes?

I thought this would turn out to be an interesting thread. I've just read through the last few pages and can't believe the ridiculous, immature responses. It's actually made me cringe. Especially the
'Have you ever actually been to a racing stable? No? Well, I have.' Why don't you just add 'Ner, ner, na ner nerrrr' to the end of that sentence. I have no idea how it's gone from discussing the reasons why we feel the race is cruel, to bragging about what wild animals we've managed to sink our teeth into.

But really there is nothing left to say is there. One agrees one disagrees then it all gets heated and if we were all in a room together i'm sure they'd be guns pointing in all directions. . It has to end with a little humour and diffuse those that will take their own life over this subject.

Anyone who supports the fur trade should watch the Swiss undercover film from a Chinese fur farm. Google PETA racoon dogs.

As usual, when the subject of animal cruelty comes up, you get the trolls boasting about how they love eating meat and wearing fur. YAWN. I

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

But really there is nothing left to say is there. One agrees one disagrees then it all gets heated and if we were all in a room together i'm sure they'd be guns pointing in all directions. . It has to end with a little humour and diffuse those that will take their own life over this subject.

Agreed. No ones going to change their opinions. But it's been an interesting debate and that's healthy every once in a while right!

I respect the fact that we all have viewpoints, and I know that when I feel passionate about a subject I sometimes don't realise when someone is having a little wind-up.

Anyone who supports the fur trade should watch the Swiss undercover film from a Chinese fur farm. Google PETA racoon dogs.

As usual, when the subject of animal cruelty comes up, you get the trolls boasting about how they love eating meat and wearing fur. YAWN. I

Ha ha. Was that aimed at me there Nearlyme. Don't get upset I've just wasted a whole day on here making pointless stupid comments as today I had a lazy day. .... I eat meat, I don't shop in Iceland so won't be eating horse. I don't go horse racing, I don't gamble, I don't watch the grand national. I don't wear fur but I do have a real Fox fur hat from Russia which I've never worn.

But people have different opinions. That's fine with me.

Totally, that's what a discussion is all about. I'm completely open to hearing the opinions of others who have more insight on the topic. What I've seen though is a lot of disrespectful comments from people that aren't really adding anything or in any way humorous. There are obviously people here that feel very strongly on the matter, and I just don't see the point of coming here to say oh btw I've ate a zebra. Just my thoughts...time to get of my high horse I think. 😉

Ha ha. Was that aimed at me there Nearlyme. Don't get upset I've just wasted a whole day on here making pointless stupid comments as today I had a lazy day. .... I eat meat, I don't shop in Iceland so won't be eating horse. I don't go horse racing, I don't gamble, I don't watch the grand national. I don't wear fur but I do have a real Fox fur hat from Russia which I've never worn.

But people have different opinions. That's fine with me.

It wasn't actually lol. It was aimed at the people jumping in saying "well if you eat meat and wear leather shoes then you have no right to be upset by the grand national"

Eating meat/wearing leather has naff all to do with the grand national. Nor has eating horse, unless of course you are eating the horse meat from the dead race horses? or wearing a pair of Shergar skin boots.

Its like saying, well if yoy eat meat then you will be fine with me poking this tiny little bunny in the eye just because I enjoy doing it.

Cringe away. I wasn't being smug about visiting a stable I was merely pointing out that how do people know what goes on in one unless they see it with their own eyes. I eat wild animals and will continue to do so. Your response made me cringe as it didn't actually give any opinion other than you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. How sad

I'm still chuckling that were were all accused of eating horse deliberately!

Last edited:
Guess what? I eat meat and have a beautiful soft 1970s vintage leather skirt but I still wouldn't set up a pay per view to watch me crush animals (this happens, google crush videos).

Totally, that's what a discussion is all about. I'm completely open to hearing the opinions of others who have more insight on the topic. What I've seen though is a lot of disrespectful comments from people that aren't really adding anything or in any way humorous. There are obviously people here that feel very strongly on the matter, and I just don't see the point of coming here to say oh btw I've ate a zebra. Just my thoughts...time to get of my high horse I think. 😉

No. Probably shouldn't get so wound up about it, but it is a strong debate nonetheless. The same as the elephant tusks. . One person saying they've eaten zebra. .. so what. You go to some countries and read the menus there. .. Some bizarre creatures are to be found. I dread to think what I've actually eaten in my life.

Guess what? I eat meat and have a beautiful soft 1970s vintage leather skirt but I still wouldn't set up a pay per view to watch me crush animals (this happens, google crush videos).

Ha ha. I have tears.

Wow! How rude! Have you ever actually been to a racing stable? No? Well, I have. Have you ever heard of "get your facts straight?" No? Google it.

You haven't explained to me why "a horse runs faster when it sees a whip". (Your words, not mine). Please enlighten me as you seem to be so experienced in this field.

Latest posts

Back