Hyponychium really sore

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankonbeauty

Reaction score
Can any nail techs help me please? I am a beauty therapist and following the two week Christmas madness I left work with cracked thumbs. I've never had this happen before. I thought it was overuse of acetone and that they would heal over the Christmas break. They are just not healing and now I have redness and tenderness on both thumbs under free edge along the hyponychium. I've tried, keeping them dry, applying a fungal cream (just in case) I'm now trying sudocrem lol any ideas? I have never had dermatitis! Even pressure touching keyboard hurts. :(( Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you

Do you do nail enhancements and gel polish? If so it's possible that you have developed an allergy or sensitivity to the products. It's probably a good idea to go and see your GP.

It's probably contact dermatitis. It can happen all of a sudden with prolonged exposure to chemicals. It's happened to me unfortunately. I use a low dose steroid cream. X

Thanks for your replies I'm beginning to think it's dermatitis too, so will make a GP appointment.

Yes get it checked out before you buy any creams x

Latest posts

Back