I am defeated in the world of dating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
After being single for a few years, just seeing the odd guy here and there and never really finding "The One" or being able to "settle down" and then spending a pretty horrific 8 months with someone before realising it just wasn't meant to be, I had my little break from guys and recently joined Tinder...I was speaking with 2 guys from there who seemed nice. I went out with one of them on a very very last-minute date on Saturday night, and thought what the h*ll, I'm doing nothing, he's doing nothing so why not, we went to a local pub to me and was having a nice evening, he decides to go to the toilet whilst I'm standing there on my own, everyone else around having the time of their lives dancing to old-school classics and there's me, swaying my body just enough so I don't stick out like a sore thumb, and then at the corner of my eye I see a scuffle with 2 bouncers and one bloke, I thought he looked VERY similar to the guy I am on a date with! Not knowing what to do, I reached for my phone ready to call a friend, and I see a message from him flash up "can you come outside"...I asked what on earth was going on and it turns out he got thrown out for powdering his nose in the toilet. I swiftly told him I despise that and got an Uber home!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I was arranging to meet another guy tonight. Not really content with the pictures I'd seen (as they were quite blurry and unclear), I decided to search him on Facebook using his number, turns out he's in a relationship. Needless to say I tactfully messaged the girl in question and told her what her scumbag of a boyfriend was up to!!!

Anyway, just wondering how bad it has to get before it gets better hehe!!! I've completely deleted my accounts now and am travelling to the US in a couple of weeks on my own for a tour around the West Coast which I can't wait for! I just thought I'd share with you my shocking stories, and welcome others to share stories/give me hope :) xxxx

I think it depends what you're looking for. I signed up online with the thought that it would get me out of the house but not really thinking that I'd find true love. When you are a little older, what you're looking for isn't the same as when you're 25! I met some great people and drank lots of coffee (you have to meet them sooner rather than build up a text relationship and coffee can be as long or as short a date as you'd like). I've also got lots of funny stories to tell my grandchildren......the guy who forgot to mention he was married, the one that wasn't smiling in his pictures I found out was because he had no teeth! You get the picture. I was just about done with the whole thing when I met my other half on Match. We have been together two years tomorrow and have just bought a house together. He's definitely the he one for me. There are some happy stories out there and even if you don't find the one, there's lots of interesting folk to meet. Good Luck

Thank you :) that really cracked me up about the one with no teeth! That's the whole reason I went on there as my ex never really wanted to take me on a date and I just went on there because I thought it'd be nice for someone to actually want to take me on a date and make me feel special, but the dates just seemed to get worse and worse, so for now, I have given up! xxx

Like picklepie I was just about to give up when I met my now husband. I met some real crackers tho! One with a glass eye who popped it out in his drink! One who actually made the newspapers for being a "bloater" - ex army and another ex army who pretended to be someone he wasn't to try and make me feel sorry for him and give him money! Thankfully I wasn't that stupid and then got a tip off from his brother confirming it!

oh wow!!! that's shocking...the eye thing though, I think I would have thrown up, I am so squeamish when it comes to eyes! xx

OMG some of these stories are hilarious. I met my husband on Plenty of Fish. We've been together for nearly 10 years. The internet dating scene is a double edged sword for sure. One of my dates revealed that he'd done a 193.com search on me and knew where I lived etc and then revealed he'd cheated on his wife of 33 years!!! I was like...this isn't the kind of thing you tell potential partners, then sacked him off.

After being single for a few years, just seeing the odd guy here and there and never really finding "The One" or being able to "settle down" and then spending a pretty horrific 8 months with someone before realising it just wasn't meant to be, I had my little break from guys and recently joined Tinder...I was speaking with 2 guys from there who seemed nice. I went out with one of them on a very very last-minute date on Saturday night, and thought what the h*ll, I'm doing nothing, he's doing nothing so why not, we went to a local pub to me and was having a nice evening, he decides to go to the toilet whilst I'm standing there on my own, everyone else around having the time of their lives dancing to old-school classics and there's me, swaying my body just enough so I don't stick out like a sore thumb, and then at the corner of my eye I see a scuffle with 2 bouncers and one bloke, I thought he looked VERY similar to the guy I am on a date with! Not knowing what to do, I reached for my phone ready to call a friend, and I see a message from him flash up "can you come outside"...I asked what on earth was going on and it turns out he got thrown out for powdering his nose in the toilet. I swiftly told him I despise that and got an Uber home!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I was arranging to meet another guy tonight. Not really content with the pictures I'd seen (as they were quite blurry and unclear), I decided to search him on Facebook using his number, turns out he's in a relationship. Needless to say I tactfully messaged the girl in question and told her what her scumbag of a boyfriend was up to!!!

Anyway, just wondering how bad it has to get before it gets better hehe!!! I've completely deleted my accounts now and am travelling to the US in a couple of weeks on my own for a tour around the West Coast which I can't wait for! I just thought I'd share with you my shocking stories, and welcome others to share stories/give me hope :) xxxx

Powdering his nose!!!!!

oh wow that sounds pretty shocking telling you about his cheating scandal! why do these people think that's attractive? I hate it when blokes go on about fights they've had or other stories where they act "manly" - I would say it's more manly to walk away from a silly situation, shows maturity! x

Latest posts

Back