I can't just give it away.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
I need some help

A while back a friend of my parents asked if I could go to cottenham (cambridge) to do a pamper party for a few friends of hers. I live in Luton and it takes me a good hour or so to get there.

I was over the moon as I hadn't been trading long and thought what a great way of earning some money. As a thoughtful gesture for my parents friend for organising it I told her that she could have her treatments for free. She has waxing.... On previous occassions I've done the odd treatment for her and said to her "oh its ok". She always offered...

I then got a call back a month later asking if I could do a regular monthly party for her and her friends. To which I said yes to.... Once again I drove to Cambridge and performed treatments on 3 people, but the friend didn't offer to pay..... so I left it. Before I went over the next time I told her that I would need more than 3 people to have treatments for it to be of any benefit to me. I went the following month and this time there were 4 of them and again she never offered to pay.

Today I've been over there and there was only 2 of them.... she had £62.00 worth of treatments and never mentioned payment or anything. No offers, nothing..... WHAT DO I DO?????? I can't keep going over there and make a loss but I don't want to upset my parents friend and say "oh but you need to pay now....."

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm at my wits end, I don't want to offend the friend.

Please help x

Why not tell her that you'vee brought in a new policy.

For example, if she gets four people (excluding her) to have treatments, then she gets 10 or 20% of what they spend to spend on herself. Or cap the amount of treatments she recieves, it's definately not fair for you to have to spend so much and get basically nothing. I know it may be hard because she's your friends mum, but it sounds like she's using you.

HTH,
Linzi xox

This is an awkward position you are in Sarah. If it were myself, the next time your client rings, politely say to her that its just not profitable for you to continue doing these pamper nights, as its not even covering your expenses. You could say that you will need at least 5 paying clients, and perhaps your lady would get 10% off her treatments per paying customer she brought in for you?? So if she got you 5 ladies give her 50% off her total treatment price. If she got y0u 10 cleints though you could do her treatments free of charge but put a limit on the amount say up to the amount of £??. Just some of my ideas, hope they help. xx

You beat me to it linzi!! Great minds think alike!!

I agree, its along way to go, you have to politely turn her down if she cant get more clients.

By the way, hi local geek:)

pinkshell_nails said:
You beat me to it linzi!! Great minds think alike!!
Exactly, great minds :)

I hope our ideas are helpful, sarah :)

WEll never mind about you offending her - she's offending you right now and frankly she's taking the rise! The only people that get free treatments off me are my daughters and even they don't bother much. Even my mum pays half price - she does this because she knows that it's my job and she's feel awkward asking for treatments knowing that she could be taking up time that I could be earning money.

The ideas the others have come up with are really good. Why not say that your accountant has said that you cannot continue working like this or you'll go bust - it's easier to blame someone else for your "policy changes"!!!!

Thank you to all of you who have helped x

I like the idea of blaming someone else..... at least then I won't feel so bad when I mention it to her. If she then decides to take her pamper parties else where then it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks guys I knew I could rely on you. I really do appreciate it x

I'll let you all know how I get on x

Latest posts

Back