I Love This Site

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
I have to say I just love this site. Thank you GMG, Mrs G and Gigi and everyone else for making it work so well.

I have been feeling really scared (more accurate description would be poohing my pants) over the Nailympics, but everyone here has been absolutely fantastic at giving advice and support.

Couldn't do it without you lot.

So I am definitely going to do it and even if I come last, I am now determined to enjoy and learn from the experience.

You guys rock.

PS - GMG, I don't care if you move this to "Chit-Chat" I wanted to put it here :D

Is that bottle of wine finished already?

glynis said:
I have to say I just love this site. Thank you GMG, Mrs G and Gigi and everyone else for making it work so well.

I have been feeling really scared (more accurate description would be poohing my pants) over the Nailympics, but everyone here has been absolutely fantastic at giving advice and support.

Couldn't do it without you lot.

So I am definitely going to do it and even if I come last, I am now determined to enjoy and learn from the experience.

You guys rock.

PS - GMG, I don't care if you move this to "Chit-Chat" I wanted to put it here :D

Is that bottle of wine finished already?

Good luck Glynis,
I don't think you will come last,I read some way that Ketan Petel enter an Nail comp and he came last, look at him now(he isgod in my eye's);) Enjoy the day and everything will be just fine.

Maybe one day I will have the guts to enter(not at that level yet):Scared:

Have fun-keep us all inform on how well you have done.

I love this site to, first thing in the morning, last thing at night, signing off now, will be late for work :D

Glynis dear, your nails will not be poo and you will not come last either. You will also be with allot of friends in the same boat as you. Remember to breathe now and again which helps to calm the nerves. Nice ... slow ... in through the nose ... and out through the mouth on a slow count of 5. Do this 5 or 6 times if you start to feel nervous.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work!! Best of luck to you and to all the other geeks competing .... !!!

Good luck Glynis xxx

In response to Geeg.

lol..I think the shear fact that you say you are looking forward to seeing her work might give her a panic attack, it would me!! You say "calm down" and then "I'll be watching you"....lol :biggrin:

I'm not saying that you are mean or anything, don't take it that way. I just get soo nervous anyway when my nails are critiqued, and to have you looking at them....I would go to pieces I think!! You are just so up there and we are just down here....lol

I know you are only human...but we do idolise you lot. :biggrin:

Sounds like I'm sucking up now...not intended!!

Good luck Glynis....you will be fine...I shook the whole time...but, loved it!!

Good luck Glynis

Im sure all your hard work will pay off. Make sure you take some yummy pic's so we can all have a look after.

:hug: :Love:

xxxx

Wish I was brave enough to enter competitions! Sure everything will go well for you & don't forget you have the support of everyone on this site! Good luck! :hug:

you will be fine glynis......credit to ya girl for going for it.... i am in ore of all of you,
just waiting for my step daughter to turn 16(she has really long nail beds) in august then, may have a go myself...... :eek:

You will be fine Glynis and we will all be there rooting for you, its the entering that is important although the winning is nice (not that i know).

Did have to laugh at Geeg breathe in and out had a vision of glynis and half a dozen other techs passing out as she walks by lol
GOOD LUCK GLYNIS and to all you geeks competing
x

I Love this site too, and i am very fond of all you geeks, so i get excited when i hear that someone is going comp, I think you will be great and although nervous (understandably) you will feel like a real champ for taking part. Best of luck, xxx

Fingers and everything else crossed for you Glynis :hug:

inspirations said:
In response to Geeg.

lol..I think the shear fact that you say you are looking forward to seeing her work might give her a panic attack, it would me!! You say "calm down" and then "I'll be watching you"....lol :biggrin:

I'm not saying that you are mean or anything, don't take it that way. I just get soo nervous anyway when my nails are critiqued, and to have you looking at them....I would go to pieces I think!! You are just so up there and we are just down here....lol

I know you are only human...but we do idolise you lot. :biggrin:

Sounds like I'm sucking up now...not intended!!

Good luck Glynis....you will be fine...I shook the whole time...but, loved it!!

Hi guys,
when the nails are judged , we will be somewhere having a nice drink and ciggy lol..its the models turn to get nervous lol............

Gigi isn't scary, Gigi is Gigi; fellow geek with oodles of nail skills,talent and knowledge ..lol ... She is really nice honest....... trust me on this one guys xxx
( will collect my fiver after the show OK!!!)
Having Gigi critic your nails is the best critic you will ever get..........I remember my first Comp Excel 2003 Faye and I competed in the Novice section............. my god how nervous where we lol........but the icing on the cake for me was; Gigi and a few of us having a cuppa and then her giving our nails the once over with her keen eye..........Gigi was not judging that competition, but her feed back was so very important and led Faye to gain 2nd place in Manchester the same year and me to gain 1st place March 2004.............
Thats what good critic can do for you.............
I think plan of action is needed..........for all those geeks that are competing, lets all get together right after they call time and lets go and get a drink xxxx
for all those geeks not competing but supporting us......... follow us to the bar............... now thats I call A PLAN !!!!!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi guys,
when the nails are judged , we will be somewhere having a nice drink and ciggy lol..its the models turn to get nervous lol............

Gigi isn't scary, Gigi is Gigi; fellow geek with oodles of nail skills,talent and knowledge ..lol ... She is really nice honest....... trust me on this one guys xxx
( will collect my fiver after the show OK!!!)
Having Gigi critic your nails is the best critic you will ever get..........I remember my first Comp Excel 2003 Faye and I competed in the Novice section............. my god how nervous where we lol........but the icing on the cake for me was; Gigi and a few of us having a cuppa and then her giving our nails the once over with her keen eye..........Gigi was not judging that competition, but her feed back was so very important and led Faye to gain 2nd place in Manchester the same year and me to gain 1st place March 2004.............
Thats what good critic can do for you.............
I think plan of action is needed..........for all those geeks that are competing, lets all get together right after they call time and lets go and get a drink xxxx
for all those geeks not competing but supporting us......... follow us to the bar............... now thats I call A PLAN !!!!!
I wasn't saying she was scary...its because her opinion is so valued and highly thought of, that I would be so nervous. I hope this wasn't misunderstood. It was meant as a compliment. I am a nerve bag anyway!! Its like the nerves of meeting an idol...if you know what I mean...now I just sound pathetic....give me a shovel and I'll just dig myself an even bigger hole...lol

I was honoured that you, Ruth and Samantha even had time to have a look at my nails.

I can't wait to compete again!!

inspirations said:
I wasn't saying she was scary...its because her opinion is so valued and highly thought of, that I would be so nervous. I hope this wasn't misunderstood. It was meant as a compliment. I am a nerve bag anyway!! Its like the nerves of meeting an idol...if you know what I mean...now I just sound pathetic....give me a shovel and I'll just dig myself an even bigger hole...lol

I was honoured that you, Ruth and Samantha even had time to have a look at my nails.

I can't wait to compete again!!

LOL I knew what you ment lol....bless xxxx
see ya at olympia in the bar xxx

Latest posts

Back