I need a new website. Advice anyone??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Hi i already have a website www.butterfly-beauty.com a friend of mine did it but it needs loads more done to it and also needs to be word optimised (that thing when you search for something on google it makes it come up if it's related to your website) I've had a quote of £3300 which i nearly died over as im not looking to spend anywhere near that. Any ideas anyone? know alot of poeple have done their own on web.com but dont think you can word optimise on there to get your name out

They are seriously taking the mick if they honestly expect you to pay that much money for search engine optimisation!

You can go a long way to getting your site a high search engine ranking by careful use of "meta" tags (particularly keywords and description) and taking time over the wording of your site (e.g. "My salon is based in Shrewsbury, and I also welcome clients from the wider Shropshire area and beyond, including Telford, Newport, Wem, Ellesmere, Oswestry, Welshpool and Church Stretton" is better than just saying "My salon is based in Shrewsbury", as you will also get hits from people searching for salons in those other areas).

A lot of less scrupulous companies will take advantage of people's perceptions of search engine optimisation being one of the "dark arts" by quoting frankly ridiculous sums of money for something that is highly difficult to measure quantitatively anyway!
Posted via Mobile Device

Also, look into Google AdWords too - that is where you pay Google money to get your site appearing as one of the "sponsored links" at the side of the page for a Google search - and it should cost you a hell of a lot less than £3300!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Also don't forget that the number of links int your site from other sites makes a big difference to your Google ranking. So adding a text signature with a link to your site on forums such as salongeek, and taking advantage of free adverts on Gumtree, etc, will also improve your web site's position on Google.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fab thanks Ruth. How much should i really be looking to pay for a website to be done?

Not mentioning any names, it should certainly be possible to get a good one done for around 30 times less than your original quote!
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back