I need wedding venue ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitalityTherapies

Reaction score
So basically I'm looking at venues for getting married next year.

I'm looking for a hotel / stately home but I don't want to be restricted with using their own caterers and would like a bit more freedom for individuality. Obviously, cost is a priority but I am really keen to have it all in one place rather than travel between ceremony and reception.

I was hoping you could all share what you did for your wedding?
Natalie x

What about having a marquee in the grounds of a stately home? That way you can choose you own caterers and your more free to
Do
What you want with decorations? X

I've been looking into this but I think the final costs become significantly higher than a hotel, having to hire flooring, toilets etc. I've realised planning a wedding in quite confusing

Depends on how soon you want to book it..... One of my old clients did a "last minute wedding" still was 6 months in advance..
They managed to get a gorgeous stately home in Gloustershire (they were moving to that way once married) they got the whole wedding package. Plus 10 rooms for guests for £3,500

Just type in google last minute weddings and whatever area you want.

Obviously, it's your wedding, your choices....
And I think your idea of not travelling between the ceremony and reception will always be a winner.

Can I just make a plea from a guest perspective?

Most guests will not remember the dress, the fancy venue or the vintage cars if they're kept waiting for a couple of hours or more without adequate refreshments between the ceremony and the main meal. It's frankly very boring standing around waiting for the endless photos to be taken.

Also, even after they've just eaten a 5 course dinner, don't assume that you only need to cater enough buffet food for the extra guests invited for the evening disco. Some people see 'free food' and just stuff themselves so there's virtually nothing left for the evening only guests.

Nothing wrong with a pay bar as long as you supply adequate free drinks for toasting the happy couple.

Well fed and warm guests = happy guests who will have fond memories of your wonderful wedding.

I hope you find somewhere lovely and have a very happy day. :)

Have a look on groupon and wowcher they do all inclusive weeding deals with hotels (like the Hilton) at really good prices.
Try typing in unique wedding venues in your area you can get some really beautiful venues with the ability to hire your own caterers etc. Try watching things like don't tell the bride I know it's cringy but sometime they have pretty good ideas that you could fit to your own style. Look around lots of places and take a list of questions with you it's so easy to forget what you wanted to know if you're distracted by a venue. Speak to a wedding planner they might come up with places you haven't thought off. Good luck xx

I've been looking into this but I think the final costs become significantly higher than a hotel, having to hire flooring, toilets etc. I've realised planning a wedding in quite confusing
I'm in exactly the same position!

Did you find somewhere yet? I just recently went to a lovely wedding in a gorgeous old beamy village pub, which had a separate room away from the actual pub for the ceremony & then it was transformed later for the food & party and it was a really nice atmosphere! I think this whole wedding was done on a budget of around £6000 & in Oxfordshire that is a miracle!! I love weddings! Wish I could do mine again!

I see you live in Somerset I could suggest some places in Devon as I live in Torbay, depends if you wanted to travel?

I'm in Somerset and my son chose Batch Country Hotel near Lympsham for his wedding in October 2016.
It was lovely and I would recommend to anyone. You can have the service there too if you wish.
Lots of my clients have been there as wedding guests and only good things said.
If you go for a mid week wedding, it's loads cheaper.
Lots of us stayed the night and all the rooms I saw were decorated to a high standard.

They have a big choice on menus, all the food was excellent and large portions and lots of veg (which is more than I can say of some weddings I've been too!)

Latest posts

Back