I want to get into the Beauty Business HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curious

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i am new here!

i am wanting to start a career in te Beauty industry and have been looking for apprenticeships, i tried looking at going back to college but i have my own home so i really cant afford to do that, at the moment i am a supervisor at a manufacturing company... nothing related to beauty what so ever!!! haha

i am nearly 22, and live in the Durham Area

Does anyone know of anyone taking people on? i think my age tends to put people off :-( but its something i have been thinking about for years! i even have thought about going to the Champneys college and paying £10000 for the course but would probably be about 50 before i managed to save that! haha

If anyone has any ideas i would be really grateful!

xxxxxxx:D

I went to college for a few hours in the evening every week. Im sure it only cost me around £400 in total - thats with all the equipment i needed too. Most courses dont start until September (BUT i would apply now to get your space!) You could save money up until then... It depends how much you really want to do it.

What about your local FE college, you can do an NVQ2 evening course over a year and then you will still be able to keep your day job until you are qualified.

This is what I have just done and am now finishing my 2 year level 3.

How about doing a foundation course in Nails, thats what I did with Creative Nail Design If you ring them you could ask them to send their latest booklet on training and theyre really helpful.

Good luck
Sam C

thanks Sam C, what is creative Nail Design? i have searched for the website but cant see any training??

is it an NVQ? are the job prospects good for this?

x

thanks Sam C, what is creative Nail Design? i have searched for the website but cant see any training??

is it an NVQ? are the job prospects good for this?

x
Creative Nail Design are the number one name in nail enhancements,
the training that you get is better than NVQ standard and 99% of all salons that advertise for nail techs ask that you are creative trained hth

Latest posts

Back