IBD acrylic....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio Nail Tech

Reaction score
Has anyone tried IBD's acrylic system yet?

I've been playing with the IBD gels (got an internet deal for the Jet 1000 lamp with the whole pro kit for $125!) and like them a bunch so have been pondering their acrylic system. I currently use CND retention.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Can I ask as you mentioned IBD Gel did you get a brush with the kit? If so is it a teeny weeny one? and how are you getting on with it?

The reason being is I've also recently purchased the IBD gel kit have used once but not sure that the brush is that great.

Thanks

Lorraine

Yes, the kit came with a brush. It was standard size, square synthetic with a white handle. I prefer a filbert shaped head but the square works fine.

Ohio Nail Tech said:
Has anyone tried IBD's acrylic system yet?

I've been playing with the IBD gels (got an internet deal for the Jet 1000 lamp with the whole pro kit for $125!) and like them a bunch so have been pondering their acrylic system. I currently use CND retention.

Any feedback is appreciated!

I brougt the IBD ACrylic when I wen to Excel. I have only used it on myself and one customer (she refuses gel or Fabric# :rolleyes: ) but when I went back for her rebalance, no lifting in sight.

I haven't comment on any other L&P as I haven't tried them.

With regards to the gel brush, I refer a smaller one. Just personal preference.

HTH

Lorraine1 said:
Can I ask as you mentioned IBD Gel did you get a brush with the kit? If so is it a teeny weeny one? and how are you getting on with it?

The reason being is I've also recently purchased the IBD gel kit have used once but not sure that the brush is that great.

Thanks

Lorraine
The brushes are something you may want to change to what suits you better. I love most things Creative but I have to say my favourite gel brush is from IBD. Its smaller than both sizes Creative do and it suits me. Have a look around and see what you prefer to use

plaoh,
does the ibd acrylic require a primer and do you find their claim to having a "flexible" acrylic to be true or is it just a bunch of hype? thx!

Debs said:
The brushes are something you may want to change to what suits you better. I love most things Creative but I have to say my favourite gel brush is from IBD. Its smaller than both sizes Creative do and it suits me. Have a look around and see what you prefer to use

Hiya

What kind of size is the brush that you have? Mine has a wooden handle and I think it's really small. I have also a trial kit from NSI and the brush with that about twice the size.

I'm new to gel (new to everything really - still training)so I'm struggling with
what's best. I suppose you're right when you say look around and try.

Thanks

Lorraine

Lorraine1 said:
Hiya

What kind of size is the brush that you have? Mine has a wooden handle and I think it's really small. I have also a trial kit from NSI and the brush with that about twice the size.

I'm new to gel (new to everything really - still training)so I'm struggling with
what's best. I suppose you're right when you say look around and try.

Thanks

Lorraine

I prefer a smaller brush as I tend to flood the walls which causes lifting. Th ebrush you current have from IBD sounds the same size as mine (ohh errr :smack: ). I persoanlly find it easier to use a smaller brush and add more gel if needed.

Ohio Nail Tech said:
plaoh,
does the ibd acrylic require a primer and do you find their claim to having a "flexible" acrylic to be true or is it just a bunch of hype? thx!

I've sent you a pm.

Latest posts

Back