IBD extreme white gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
I've been using IBD gel for a while and overall I am happy with this system. However, I am having 1 small problem. Generaly I use clear and extreme white for a permanent french look. The problem that I have is that the white is very, very thick. I can't just brush this on. I find that I have to string a smile line, pat onto the whole of the tip and then string a little more to get an even coverage, then wait for it to settle before curing. This is very time consuming. :cry:
Does anyone have a solution to this?
I like IBD because it is very strong. Has anyone used IBD but then found another system that they think is just as strong but easier to apply?
I really hope that you geeks can help me out x

Hi heavenly,
I have used IBD for years and have always loved it. I used it in the last nail comp in Manchester and won a first. I used the extreme white, and it needs to be ultra thin but consistent colour all over, so I practiced getting the pot slightly warm before applying so that it was not as stiff. Try getting it close to a normal lamp when applied and this will help it to self level a bit more. But the real answer to this is using the white gel polish in the range of gel colours. It is beautiful. It is very self levelling and has a fantastic consistency. You will love it. Its sometimes hard to get from wholesalers as most dont hold the whole range, so you might need to ring Graftons direct. 01827 280 080. Hope this helps.
Lisa

Thanks Lisa that does help. I it ok if I ask you a few more questions?

Of course! Ask away

I will defo try warming up the extreme white, thanks for that tip.
You would be doing me a massive favour if you could just run me through your permanent french application. My sets look good, my clients are happy, but I think there is some room for improvement.
Thanks in advance x

Hi Heavenly

When using the french xtreme range it is a whole different beast! Always do your layers of white nice and thin, cure for four minutes then reapply again, tidy up smile and cure for four minutes. If you do thick layers when you cure the inside will remain semi uncured. Then take your xtreme clear over the whole top of sculpture.

Always combine xtreme gels together as they work differently to standard gels. The clear xtreme is half way inbetween being a clear gel and a clear builder gel. Don't forget that your first layer of white should be thin enough to see the form through. You will also need to use IBD clear forms as the product is too high in pigment to cure properly through mylar forms.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot for your help. I've been using extreme white gel over tips rather than sculpting, is this ok or would I be better off using a white gel polish for a permanent french look?

Heavenly

Sorry for the delay in reply to you, when using tips to ensure a perfect cure of xtreme gel, always use a clear tip. The gel really wont cure properly if you cant see through the tip/form.

Regards

Latest posts

Back