IBD Just Gel polish swatches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Were you using the Gelish foundation & TIO with those 3 colors you started with? I have a classmate using IBD & raves!

Is this Naturally Beautiful? Looks like it's a nice light coral-ish colour, would that be right? Love coral colours for the summer.

Sooo glad we have an IBD just gel thread love it! I brought 5 new colours today at pro beauty, great colours, and love the matching polishes!!

Were you using the Gelish foundation & TIO with those 3 colors you started with? I have a classmate using IBD & raves!

Yes I did to start with when I only had a couple of colours, but now I use the whole system! I find it lasts so well. Even had someone come back the other day after 5 weeks with it all on!

I will upload some more colours later when I'm at work, as I have loads more now :biggrin:

Brilliant thread.... Invested in a starter kit and can't wait for it to arrive! Yay! :)

hudy6adu.jpg

ymagapa5.jpg

From left to right.

Juliet
Gerber daisy
Turtle bay
Plum raven
Brandy wine
All heart
All that glitters
Viking winter
French - 1 coat Juliet and whipped cream
French - 1 coat seashell pink and whipped cream (I'm not a fan of seashell pink, does any one else have a problem with this colour?)

The nail art wheel is just using these few colours from my selection x

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Love this thread I'm an IBD girl too ! X

Hi guys, I'm looking to include a gel polish to my menu & IBD Just Gel is one of the front runners!! The colours are amazing :)

Just wondered where the best place is to purchase a starter kit & also additional colours? I've had a little search on google but wasn't sure which sites to trust! Any help would be much appreciated! X x

Hey, can any of you recommend a good coral colour in the just gel? This would be of great help! :D

I've just moved over to ibd from gellux!! And I love it!!!!... I'd love to have a display stand for the ibd gel as it looks professional but can't seem to find one! My local wholesaler sells these for around £17.50 a bottle is that around right? Just I've found them very expensive on most other things.. Thanks ladies

Hi Guys

I use Gelish and IBD Just Gel in my salon and love them both ! I have got loads of pics to share...... just need to work out how to do it !!!! Any advice on this appreciated :)

Dont know it anyone can help on this......when I soak off I still have base coat remaining on the nail a lot of the time - am I putting it on too thick ??? Any ideas appreciated :)

Thanks Jane

Hi Guys

I use Gelish and IBD Just Gel in my salon and love them both ! I have got loads of pics to share...... just need to work out how to do it !!!! Any advice on this appreciated :)

Dont know it anyone can help on this......when I soak off I still have base coat remaining on the nail a lot of the time - am I putting it on too thick ??? Any ideas appreciated :)

Thanks Jane

Hi Jane
I use imageshack to upload pics on here or my I phone salon geek app.
Regarding the base coat I sometimes have the same problem.
I now give an extra couple of mins to soak off plus I make sure my pad has enough acetone on it.

I hope it helps :)

I use to buff the surface with a 180 grit file, then i apply IBD wipes dipped in a OPI Expert touch remover (it is very gentle though powerfull), cover with a piece of foil and wait for 15 minutes. Gel comes off in flakes. I only have a problem with their Power bond, it stays put after soaking and you have to buff to remove it.

I find it best to apply Powerbond to the free edge of the nail rather than the whole nail, but I never use it on toenails.

Does anyone know where I can get an IBD UV or LED lamp in Europe? I can only find them in USA.

Last edited:
I find it best to apply Powerbond to the free edge of the nail rather than the whole nail, but I never use it on toenails.

Does anyone know where I can get an IBD UV or LED lamp in Europe? I can only find them in USA.

Good thinking regarding the power bond, as good as it is for keeping the manicure looking great it sure is a pain to remove.

You should ring Grafton international, they are the UK distributor for ibd, they don't have a website you can order off (stone age!!) but they're very helpful on the phone, they should be able to tell you what lamps they have in x

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I also use IBD Just Gel and find it lasts much longer than other brands that i have tried. i do however find it very difficult to remove and it just flakes so i think i will try just using the powerbond on the free edge. has anyone else tried this? thank you :)

I also use IBD Just Gel and find it lasts much longer than other brands that i have tried. i do however find it very difficult to remove and it just flakes so i think i will try just using the powerbond on the free edge. has anyone else tried this? thank you :)

Hi I always use powerbond on the natural nail plate.
I also cap powerbond at the free edge.

I've had ladies who's nails have lasted up to 3 weeks.

Hope this helps :)

I bought my ibd starter kit from salon direct & they where really good with shipping times etc that came with like 5/6 colours but I recently purchased some from southern beauty there about £10.95 ex vat on there as I find the ibd website a bit confusing, had anyone ever ordered from there?

I've recently started building my IBD Just Gel collection, I have 10 colours at the moment and have just ordered another 20. I get mine off of eBay US. If you're buying more than a couple, it actually works out a lot cheaper, even with the shipping costs from the US, than buying them in the UK. It cost me around £140 for 20 polishes including the shipping from the US and it works out about £7 a bottle!

One coat of IBD JGP North Wind + Smile line made of 2 coats of Ivory Tower as per client's request.
1376564055568.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1376564070751.jpg
    1376564070751.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,273

Latest posts

Back