IBD Just Gel polish swatches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry this isn't a great photo but here is my IBD colour swatches from left to right
1. Dockside Diva
2. India Oasis
3.Flowerful
4.Leading man
5. Peony Bouquet
6. Bing Cherries
7. Sanskrit
8. Gala-Vant
9. Road To Paris
10. Pep Squad
11. Indian Sari
12. Midnight Martinis
13. The Abyss
14. Precious Peridot

photo (11).JPG
photo (11).JPG

I had a look online at the colours and I would suggest you look at ibd Brandy Wine, Scarlett Obsession & Maui Sunset. Sorry but although I have all these colours, I dont have swatches of any of these on hands so show you.

Thank you for your advice and guidance.
I bought Brandy Wine and it is what I was looking for.

When i hear "in your face" pink i think of Tickled pink. It's so obnoxiously pink that it hurts your eyes to look at it :D
Second photois with flash. It's neon pink.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
that looks like a good dupe for gelish make you blink pink

Hello. Can I ask how you would describe the differences between Eye Poppie, Vixen Rouge and Burning Flame please. Google images can be so deceiving TIA

Hello. Can I ask how you would describe the differences between Eye Poppie, Vixen Rouge and Burning Flame please. Google images can be so deceiving TIA
I have only two of those. Vixen Rouge is reddish orange, i would classify it more of the red family. Eye poppie is proper orange, at least i don't see any red tones in it. I can't upload photos from my tablet for some reason, but I'll take a few when i go to work.

Sent from my SM-T520 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I have only two of those. Vixen Rouge is reddish orange, i would classify it more of the red family. Eye poppie is proper orange, at least i don't see any red tones in it. I can't upload photos from my tablet for some reason, but I'll take a few when i go to work.

Sent from my SM-T520 using SalonGeek mobile app
Thankyou. I would be interested to know where burning flame sits in with those.

Thankyou. I would be interested to know where burning flame sits in with those.
Here they are :)

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1434652662959.jpg
    1434652662959.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 1434652675712.jpg
    1434652675712.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 70
Here they are :)

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app
Thankyou. If anyone has a swatch of
Burning flame against the other 2 I'd love to see it TIA

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434704137.969367.jpg

Here is a swatch of Burning Flame, but I don't have the other two to compare. But I have had Vixen Rouge in the past and I think they are very similar, and Eye Poppie does look a lot more orange :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438975119.993448.jpg

Finally sorted my colour pops out yayyy!

That's a fab display Dexy x

Thanks, I had just threaded them all on and my 10 new colours turned up [emoji23]x

I know we are meant to use the lamp affiliated to your system, but IBD don't seem to make a led lamp any more.
I was using my CND uv lamp with no problems. But since I moved to CND LED lamp, I have had lifting problems.
Can anyone recommend a LED 5 finger cure lamp with timer, that works on IBD JG? I am in the UK.

I know we are meant to use the lamp affiliated to your system, but IBD don't seem to make a led lamp any more.
I was using my CND uv lamp with no problems. But since I moved to CND LED lamp, I have had lifting problems.
Can anyone recommend a LED 5 finger cure lamp with timer, that works on IBD JG? I am in the UK.

Hi Pashaboutnails I use my OPI Led lamp to cure Ibd and it's perfect. The majority of my clients nails last between 2-3 weeks. It was expensive but definitley worth it. It's so so easy to do pedicures too as the client doesn't need to squeeze their foot into a lamp...you just place the lamp on top of the foot as it has no base. I love it! X

Thanks luxebeauty, that last bit of advice about the removable bottom on the lamp was really useful, it hadn't even occurred to me before!

Colour wise - would anyone know if Sanskrit is very similar to Tropix in the CND range?

So far I have Smoky plum & Camellia Petals, what other ones would you recommend as essentials?

Thanks in advance [emoji4]

Thanks luxebeauty, that last bit of advice about the removable bottom on the lamp was really useful, it hadn't even occurred to me before!

Colour wise - would anyone know if Sanskrit is very similar to Tropix in the CND range?

So far I have Smoky plum & Camellia Petals, what other ones would you recommend as essentials?

Thanks in advance [emoji4]

Hi BeckyS they are quite similar, Sanskrit has a slight shimmer and is ever so slightly more pink. Here are a couple of pics of them side by side....with flash and in natural light x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443700857.056406.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443700871.039610.jpg

Sanskrit on the left, Tropix on the right.

That's awesome!! [emoji7]

Thanks so much xx

I'm thinking about investing in JG and hoping someone can answer a few questions. Sorry to hijack a swatch thread! I've read through this entire thread and still have a few worries.

Does the inhibition layer work well for pigments (fades, neons over white, etc)? Does it work for foil? Full coverage or just an irregular look?

For those who use the whole system, I've heard of issues where the bonder doesn't like to come off. How is longevity without the bonder or if applied to the free edge only? I don't want to mix systems as I'm not trained yet and will be training with ibd.

How much filing and scraping is there for removal? I'm really concerned I'm going to struggle with removal and want to avoid filing the nail plate, particularly with anything coarser than 300 grit. IBD remover, or neat acetone?

I'm happy to do 3 thin coats, but after that I consider 4 to be too many and 5 is a ridiculously long service time for a plain colour. How often do you encounter these 4-5 coaters? Any shades I should avoid?

I have a ton of cosmetic pigments and glitters from coastal scents, so was planning on using these, rather than doing 5 coats of a colour I'd like to do a couple of coats of a light colour and use pigments. Has anyone encountered any problems doing this? Should I double top coat if I do that? Will that increase removal time or I just file off the extra top coat? Is a 180 grit white block fine for removing the top coat?

Seeing as there is now no lamp for the system, I'd like to purchase the CND uv lamp (how are pedis with this lamp? Does the base remove?) and maybe the Cuccio mini led for an led option (although it has no timer). Does that sound good? Any other options? The little pink lamp from graftons looks awful, my friend has it and I swear I've seen them on eBay for under a tenner. I want something professional, my max lamp price is £150 inc vat, I don't mind curing thumbs separately.

Sorry for all the questions. It will be my first gel brand and I don't want to be making a costly mistake, as after I've spent the money there'll be nothing left to switch brands.

I'm sorry this is a bit lengthy. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Xx

Hi I too use my Opi led lamp with IBD but I do tend to use Opi base and top coat with them as I find it gives a longer lasting result x

Latest posts

Back