IBD Just Gel polish swatches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally had the pink lamp as it came with the kit but agreed it didn't look professional and results weren't consistent . Investing in a quality, five finger curing lamp is one of the best decisions I have made x

I'm thinking about investing in JG and hoping someone can answer a few questions. Sorry to hijack a swatch thread! I've read through this entire thread and still have a few worries.

Does the inhibition layer work well for pigments (fades, neons over white, etc)? Does it work for foil? Full coverage or just an irregular look?

For those who use the whole system, I've heard of issues where the bonder doesn't like to come off. How is longevity without the bonder or if applied to the free edge only? I don't want to mix systems as I'm not trained yet and will be training with ibd.

How much filing and scraping is there for removal? I'm really concerned I'm going to struggle with removal and want to avoid filing the nail plate, particularly with anything coarser than 300 grit. IBD remover, or neat acetone?

I'm happy to do 3 thin coats, but after that I consider 4 to be too many and 5 is a ridiculously long service time for a plain colour. How often do you encounter these 4-5 coaters? Any shades I should avoid?

I have a ton of cosmetic pigments and glitters from coastal scents, so was planning on using these, rather than doing 5 coats of a colour I'd like to do a couple of coats of a light colour and use pigments. Has anyone encountered any problems doing this? Should I double top coat if I do that? Will that increase removal time or I just file off the extra top coat? Is a 180 grit white block fine for removing the top coat?

Seeing as there is now no lamp for the system, I'd like to purchase the CND uv lamp (how are pedis with this lamp? Does the base remove?) and maybe the Cuccio mini led for an led option (although it has no timer). Does that sound good? Any other options? The little pink lamp from graftons looks awful, my friend has it and I swear I've seen them on eBay for under a tenner. I want something professional, my max lamp price is £150 inc vat, I don't mind curing thumbs separately.

Sorry for all the questions. It will be my first gel brand and I don't want to be making a costly mistake, as after I've spent the money there'll be nothing left to switch brands.

I'm sorry this is a bit lengthy. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Xx
The Cuccio mini LED lamp is rubbish, don't waste your money on it. It worked fine for a couple of months until it stopped curing properly the colors and the top coat, so i had to change it. Unfortunately i have nothing good to say about the big Cuccio lamp either, although that one will last you longer.
Overtime I've spent way too much money on various mediocre lamps until I realized it's a waste of money and i invested in a OPI led lamp. You can't go wrong with that one.

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Found this nice combo. It's slate 2 coats then debutante ball on top
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444322017.024167.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444322033.404725.jpg

Nice!

Which colours would people recommend for a natural looking french polish? It's just I don't want the tips looking like tippex [emoji1]

Thanks in advance xx

Nice!

Which colours would people recommend for a natural looking french polish? It's just I don't want the tips looking like tippex [emoji1]

Thanks in advance xx
Seashell pink for slightly pink effect, or Cashmere blush for a beige effect.

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks lovely, will pick up both of those [emoji16].

What would you guys recommend for the white tip? xx

HI everyone, I'm looking for a nice pastel peach, can anyone recommend one?
Thanks x

Hey lovelies for the pastel peach Sanskrit with only a few layers is quite pale and not as bold and for white I can't remember what it's called but there's a bright white for tips xx

Thanks lovely, will pick up both of those [emoji16].

What would you guys recommend for the white tip? xx
Whipped cream, although to be honest I'd stay away as it bubbles and I've tried to work it so many ways to no avail :(

Full blu-um

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    960.6 KB · Views: 19
The abyss

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 15
Swag bag

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    363.2 KB · Views: 8
Burning flame

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 9
Glitter finger is cosmic red
Plain red is Scarlett obsession

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 13
HI everyone, I'm looking for a nice pastel peach, can anyone recommend one?
Thanks x

Flowerful is a pastel peach, but it can be patchy to apply so a white base is recommended.
Its one of my favourite colours.

Attachments

• 2015-09-05.jpg
    2015-09-05.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 52
Whipped cream, although to be honest I'd stay away as it bubbles and I've tried to work it so many ways to no avail :(

I have found Carte Blanche much less troublesome than Whipped Cream, it is a crisper white too. I don't even bother using my Whipped Cream any more.
HTH

Hi!

Could someone tell me which is the bright red?

Latest posts

Back