IBX?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laoura

Reaction score
Hi geeks.
Something very strange happened yesterday.i used ibx for the first time on a cliend yesterday and then i did a shellac application. She called me this morning saying that on some of the nails ,the shellac came off. I don't undertand what happened since i never had any problems with my shellac applications.not only it never came off from a client of mine but the opposide.it lasts for a long time.
Is it possible the the ibx treatment had something to do with this?i followed the instractions of the application very carefully and when i finished with the ibx i cleaned the nails with cleanser,buffed the nail and condinued as usuall with prep,primer and the rest of the prositure for the shellac.any ideas why that happened??

it sounds like you left IBX on top of the nail, it is VERY important that after you use your heat that you BLOT the excess off the surface of the nail before you cure the IBX.

I scrub twice with scrub fresh following an IBX treatment if I'm applying shellac as I've had this happen x

I bought the full system (inc training) yesterday at Olympia, and I was a little worried about using it under shellac.
From what I can remember from the tutorial what both Blossom and Lindabuffet said, the blotting and cleansing/dehydrating is an important part of the process. Also yesterday they said not to buff (which you shouldn't with shellac anyway).
I also wondered whether IBX is compatable with the CND lamp?
As some IBD Just Gel colours don't cure properly in it so I use a different LED lamp with JG.

it sounds like you left IBX on top of the nail, it is VERY important that after you use your heat that you BLOT the excess off the surface of the nail before you cure the IBX.
I did blot the excess before curing all 3 times.first with the ibx repair and then the 2 times i applied the ibx.it was the first time for this client so i did that twice and after each time, after curing i used cleanser on the nail.really i was very carefull with everything...

I have found that when I use IBX under OPI gel polish it seems to last longer.

Latest posts

Back