Ideas for breaking up all over bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkyegg

Reaction score
Im hoping for some ideas on this..I have a new client that has all over live xxl platinum at the moment (mistake) she is between a base 6/7 naturally and wants to break it up and go back to lowlights/highlights I'm looking at doing some bleach highlights (on roots only) some lowlights but the rest needs to be covered so was looking at doin a 9 in between all foils just to make it look more natural does anyone know how it would work if I mixed a 9 with pastel or something similar to use on ends as don't want to lift just tone? Would do this after washing out but don't want to tone bleach highlights to that darkness...

If this was me I would just use 3/4 colors weave very fine and pack them in probably a perfecton /3 then koleston 6/7 and a 8/3 will start off darker but after 3/4 washes will look nice, would follow up with a 4 week appointment to do the same if the conditions bad then I would do the above but use a quasi

Do 5/75 in slices it won't come up like a 5 more 6 then do all over 8.37 will come up like 9 x

Blue would you say ok to use an 8/9 all to ends with 20v or pastel developer? She does want some real light ones in there so will have to do some bleach/high lift foils :-( x

Blue would you say ok to use an 8/9 all to ends with 20v or pastel developer? She does want some real light ones in there so will have to do some bleach/high lift foils :-( x

Do an warm 8 with pastel, not just flat cause it'll be green x

Cool ok will mix up some
With 9 for roots and some
With pastel for ends ekkk x

I guess u would anyway but Id do a strand test, as she has Xxl live on her hair, my client decided she would put the platinum xxl on her bleached and toned highlights when I was on holiday and her hair snapped off at the front eeekkk, I guess it's very strong stuff as never had breakage on her hair when I did it in fact her hair was in lovely condition very shiny and healthy x

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't get that, so you did what I was going to do and it snapped off?x

Do an warm 8 with pastel, not just flat cause it'll be green x

How often do you use pastel blue and what do you use it for? thanks! x

How often do you use pastel blue and what do you use it for? thanks! x

Not now I'm matrix, I used it for Toning and darkening, better result than 6% x

Sorry I didn't get that, so you did what I was going to do and it snapped off?x

Just saying do some cuttings and test first that xxl is a nightmare and from my experience when colouring over it the cuttings I've done have broken and snapped xx

Just thought will be using loreal so better not mix with pastel does anyone know of a developer that will be kind to ends as they are over processed and if so would it be ok to use 6% on roots with colour and a weaker developer on lengths and ends will it match? Xeekk

Anyone got any ideas richesse? Hi-richesse would this be good for a dark (6/7) and mid (8/9) colour? Heeelllp gota do this tomorrow

Use quasi on ends I don't use loreal so don't know what there colours are etc x

Latest posts

Back