Ideas for new business Facebook page

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojjo_hair_nails

Reaction score
Okay so we are opening the doors to our salon tomoro.

We set up a Facebook page and are pretty happy we have received over 600 likes in 24 hours.

We haven't yet posted any comps or anything.

Can anyone recommend some good offers just for a day? We want to run an offer for Saturday.

We do hair nails and waxing (tan and lashes aren't just set up yet)

Also any good competitions to promote the page.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't bother with an offer. When you're new and just opening there is a natural buzz anyway so it's going to be one of your busiest times. Make the money while you can. Most competitions are against Fb guidelines so you'll need to check :)

It sounds like you already have some pretty good buzz to get business on Saturday. A "come back again" promotion might be best in this case. Come in on Saturday and get X% off your next visit. Or post pictures of your finished nails and tag our Facebook page to get X% off your next visit. Or schedule your next visit before you leave to get a free gift (i.e. polish, gift certificate, etc). Asking customers to leave reviews on your Facebook page / Yelp page is also a good idea as you're getting started.

OFFERS......... NO NO NO!

All you should have 'on offer' is a beautiful salon, with brilliant staff.:)

Keep any 'offers' for rainy day's.

Good Luck, hope the sun shines on your new business. :cool:

Thank you everyone.

I think a bit of panic just sets in and was worried we wouldn't get booking.

But we have had a full day yesterday a full today, Tuesday and wednesday so i guess thats a good sign.

I think the client picture and tag is a Great idea. Deffo goin to do that x

What about getting people to check in on Facebook too! A like and share post for a give away sounds better than offers or discounts? X congratulations on opening your new salon x

So excited to see another business opening!

Here are some things you want to make sure you got covered.

1. Verify your facebook page, do this from the settings tab
2. Download the Pages Manager app to monitor your inbox
3. Train your staff to have inbox open at all time to handle incoming appointment requests
4. Do not boost posts, if you are going to run any sort of advertising (which I highly encourage) you need to get in contact with an experienced salon marketing professional who knows how to work social media ads.
5. Share content from the Brands of the products you sell. Follow their pages, they have already spent the marketing dollars to produce content your clients will love.
6. Use emojis but don't over do it

Now for the more ADVANCED stuff:

1. Create a Facebook BUsiness Manager account that way you can assign assets to certain people and manage your ad accounts as well as execute highly targeted advertising campaigns that scale.
2. Install a Facebook retargeting pixel on your website if you have one
3. Use new Facebook Chatbots to automatically book appointments and engage with people who inquire about your services on Facebook.

If you have any questions let me know!

What about getting people to check in on Facebook too! A like and share post for a give away sounds better than offers or discounts? X congratulations on opening your new salon x
Thanks you x

Yea that's what we done...there was a launch for a new range of gel colours we stock so we ran a giveaway for that

Latest posts

Back