Ila courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldigga

Reaction score
Hi There

I am looking to train to do beauty therapy but cant go to college so need to do it on my own,i was going to just do it a course at a time every few months,i phoned up ILA today and i might be entitled to £200 to help with some courses(obv others i will pay for myself),i was just wondering if anyone has done any ILA funded courses and were they any good? preferably in the scotland area where i am.Also which courses do you recomend taking first i.e waxing,tanning? just want to do it all right and hopefully build up my skills bit by it,thanks for any advice in advance

xx:Love:xx

Hi, I think the scottish beauty school in hillington takes ILA. x

Thanks,any advice on which to do first...i just want to do everything lol ive booked with abc beauty to do there basic wax course,do you know if its any good? and a girl i know whos training to become a trainer has offered to teach me acrylic nails for £400(inc my kit) which i thought was ok,so now i'm wondering what other courses are best to go for,thanks

The Scottish Beauty School has a good reputation and offers a whole range of courses....most of which can accept the ILA.

The Caledonian Therapy Academy also offer courses and have a very good reputation, I am training with them at the moment and although they can't currently take ILA they are very reasonably priced and their beauty training is good....they also offer a payment plan option. You can contact louisestherapy
http://www.salongeek.com/members/louisestherapy.html on here, she is the proprietor and is very helpful.

Re nail training, I would get together the small extra amount and train with CND at the Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh. (tel 0131 3333180) Their training is second to none as are their products and customer service.

Any course you look at ensure that the course is accredited with one of the major beauty insurers and nationally recognised or you will not be able to obtain insurance and will have wasted a lot of money! Sometimes what sounds like a good deal can be nothing but a big mistake!!

Thanks Louise for all your advice...this site is fantastic glad i found it :biggrin:
I had a look at the fingertips website and am now swaying towards them....hmmm i am going to phone and book my waxing course today with abc beauty there website says they are supported by the guild so think they will be ok,i am also going to give the beauty school a call and ask about their ILA funded courses...am getting excited now as the ball is finally rolling and my dream is starting to become real:p:p:p the down side is i need to find a p/t job in the meantime to pay the bills :twisted: thanks again for your advice

Latest posts

Back