I'm new - Advice Please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcp

Reaction score
Hi

I've spent quite a few weeks reading various threads and info.
I am just finishing completing my NVQ2 and i want to do some extra training,
I am finding it hard to get any info. I want to enhance my knowlege of manicures and pedicures and go on a training course with someone like Jessica but can't seem to find out how, where and if i can do this as only NVQ2 qualified. I have used Dermalogica in college is there training only available if you use their products as a salon?

Thanks everyone. :)

I think the same applies to Jessica, you have to work or own a salon to do their training.

If you buy a range of products you can usually get training or they send you a DVD, usually the cheaper ranges, which tell you how to use their products.

I worked in a salon for a while before becoming mobile and did my Dermalogica training which was fab - better than the Dermalogica training I got in college, which was c**p.

Best I can suggest is get a part time job in a salon who are willing to get you trained up.

Good luck. :hug:

The only time i have heard of therapist having training with such companies such as Jessica and Dermalogica is if you are employed in a salon or you own your own business.As far as im aware you cant just enrole yourself on a course with a professional company.This is because they will obviously want you to be promoting their treatments and products which you would normally do i a salon enviroment.If you were working in a salon you might find Jessica would take you on to a course with only NVQ 2 but Skincare companies such as Dermalogica generally require NVQ 3.hth

Thanks for advice i am going to do NVQ 3 in September i think but i work full time as an accountant so find it hard having time working long hours etc i so want to give this job up though!!!

Back