In-house training-thoughts!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurenmbx

Reaction score
Hiya Geeks!
As the post says, what's everybody's Thoughts of being house trained and could you carry the treatment out in another place without certificates?
Surely if a therapist is trained within the selected 'field' 'subject' then it merely just learning a different procedure to carry out the treatment?

Sorry Geeks, lack of sleep and would like to know your thoughts lol
Lauren xxx

My personal opinion on this is that it's tight and lazy of employers not to offer the official certified product training. I think it's bad for staff morale because it's basically saying "as an employer I cba to push you to be the best" and it's bad in terms of treatment execution because it means there's a likelihood that the treatment isn't being done as well as possible with thorough product knowledge for retail, aftercare and rebooking.

You're not insurable for any treatment that you don't hold a certificate/qualification in.

Also, a massage qualification means that there are no problems with a therapist doing a particular branded massage without the specific product training. Again though, it's a question of why be anything less than passionate and thorough.

"In house" training and certificates are just for CPD purposes not for training someone from scratch in a service.
E.g CPD in nail art - learning a foil technique when already qualified in nail art

(CPD stands for ' continuous professional development ')

Also, a massage qualification means that there are no problems with a therapist doing a particular branded massage without the specific product training. Again though, it's a question of why be anything less than passionate and thorough.

Heya lovely,
Thankyou for your reply. Definitely is a biggie on the insurance point. Plus I agree May be employers are too lazy or 'cheap' to send the Therapist on training xx

Latest posts

Back