Infill for lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi

I had a client come to me for lash extensions 2 weeks ago and she phoned during the week to book in an appointment for infill - she said just to fill in the ones that came out so that was fine I booked her in

She came in today and oh my, there was about 3 left in each eye! Not sure if she thought some of her own lashes were the extensions or if she thought an infill was still an infill if she still had a few on - I would need to explain this better to clients.

When I seen her lashes I said have you no lashes left and she said oh there's still some there! Dont no what's happened here :(

This was my first infill so I was a bit gobsmacked that she only had 3 in each eye and forgot to ask if she had been looking after them well and so on, just wondering if its normal for first time clients not to have many lashes left when they come for their first infill until you see how their lashes go and get to no them? she's a regular to me for other treatments so I ended up doing a half set on her!

I'll need to explain it to her in case she's a bit confused

Hi
Don't be worrying this could be happening for a number of reasons! Can I just ask first roughly how many lashes were on each eye after you completed her initial set? Lee-Annex x

HI,

I had similar problems when I started. Some clients would come for infills with barely any lashes left and others would come back with almost a full set left. I realised I couldn't charge just one price for infills as some clients were ending up getting almost a full new set!

I now book and charge infills per half hour. It's up to the client how long they book in for. It means that clients who look after their lashes as advised only need a half hour infill every 2-3 weeks. Clients who don't pay any attention to the advice they are given, then come in for a 1/2 hour infill get ......... a 1/2 hour infill!

I find it works really well this way. This maybe sounds harsh but it's a fairer system for clients and means I am getting paid fairly depending on the amount of time/work involved.

HI,

I had similar problems when I started. Some clients would come for infills with barely any lashes left and others would come back with almost a full set left. I realised I couldn't charge just one price for infills as some clients were ending up getting almost a full new set!

I now book and charge infills per half hour. It's up to the client how long they book in for. It means that clients who look after their lashes as advised only need a half hour infill every 2-3 weeks. Clients who don't pay any attention to the advice they are given, then come in for a 1/2 hour infill get ......... a 1/2 hour infill!

I find it works really well this way. This maybe sounds harsh but it's a fairer system for clients and means I am getting paid fairly depending on the amount of time/work involved.
I do it exactly the same way as you do :) xx

I work on time-based infills too - for exactly the reasons mentioned. I also explain that an infill means that at least 50% of the previous set is required to be in place, otherwise it will be a new set. I find this keeps clients aware of their lashes and don't leave it too long between infill appointments.

HTH

Francesca
LASH by Francesca

I work on time-based infills too - for exactly the reasons mentioned. I also explain that an infill means that at least 50% of the previous set is required to be in place, otherwise it will be a new set. I find this keeps clients aware of their lashes and don't leave it too long between infill appointments.

HTH

Francesca
LASH by Francesca

I really need to to start insisting that 50% of lashes are still on, I kind of let them off with the infill rate if they have any lashes still on - must try and do this xx

I also explain that an infill means that at least 50% of the previous set is required to be in place, otherwise it will be a new set.
HTH

Francesca

Ooh you are so strict! I wish I could be a bit more like this but I already feel like the lash police when I am giving my clients their "instructions" ! LOL:lol:

Before you start doubting yourself and wondering if you have done something wrong it would be worth if you ask the client about her aftercare, what products she uses, how she sleeps, removes make up etc...as that could be the key for her losing that many lashes.....so start with a chat with her before you ponder about your technique :hug:

Ive had clients who ring after several weeks asking for an in-fill!
In fills after a few weeks ha ha. The cheek!
Sadly some people just try it on i think xx

Ooh you are so strict! I wish I could be a bit more like this but I already feel like the lash police when I am giving my clients their "instructions" ! LOL:lol:
I love it that you are that strict I adopted a " NO INFILL " policy at my salon

Latest posts

Back