Infill Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just done an infill for my friend and they were absolutely rubbish!! They also took me 2 hours - I think my friend almost lost the will to live.

I read a couple of very good threads on infills and thought that they would help me find out where I had gone wrong ie not chasing the line back and working towards it instead. OMG It didn't work. A couple of the nails also came out looking a little quasi modo-ish (lol).

I am so disillusioned with my results, am I really cut out for this?

Please, please help!!!!!!!!!

how long have you been doing nails ? it takes ages to get good at it , especially infills.

at least you know you arent doing it well, and see the need for improvement.
its when youre rubbish and dont realise it that you really have a problem.

2 hrs is actually not too bad if youre in the early stages. dont be discouraged, most of us have been in your situation. you will improve if you practice.

Am 4 weeks away from finishing my college course (creative). I know it is very early days but I am impatient and want perfection NOW PLEASE (hee hee). I am frustrated because others in my class seem to be so much better at it.

oh god, youre so new. dont give up at this stage. it will be a good while yet before you have it sussed.

i remember feeling just like that, i could have cried. it all looked so easy when the tutor did it. i hate not being good at what i choose to do, and i'd just left a job that i was very competent in. it felt so awful to be a beginer at something. i was ready to chuck it in and told my hubby and he reminded me in no uncertain terms what i had invested in both money and time. that made me carry on. now 3 years later, whilst i'm still not as fast as i would like, i know i'm doing a much better job than a lot of technicians in my town.

get your training hand out and work all day on it doing set after set and timing yourself for each one. you will see improvement. i was not confident in my work until i had been doing it for 12 months. theres no quick fix, but you can get through this with dedication.

Ive been doing nails for about 2 and a half years and I too was chasing the line. Continue reading tutorials and practice, practice. Have you got a nail trainer, if not get one, they dont moan having to sit for 2 hours and you dont have to make the drinks and they are on hand (excuse the pun) 24/7
Please dont give up, it is still early days honest.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Haven't got a nail trainer (too expensive for me to buy new) but would love one if anyone has a second hand nail trainer they would like to sell on.

Mwah!

On your practice tips, alternate the colour pattern if your attempting French Smiles. ie White/ tip - Clear or pink/nailplate.
Reverse it on the next nail.Clear or Pink powder for the French Smile and white on the nailplate.

These are only your practice tips..Can help with getting the right mix ratio & even placement of product.Just a suggestion..
Keep at it ...early days still

XX J XX

get a new friend. i'm being serious. one with a bit of patience! there nothing worse than someone huffing and puffing while you are trying to do your nails and fidgiting in their seats. it will only put you off and make you try and hurry.

if they look a bit quasimodoish you may be putting too much product back on. you only need to put on as much product as you took off. there are some tutorials on here by Gigi.

you are not naff at this, just inexperienced and impatient, so don't give up. this is a skill that has to be learned. and you can't learn a rebalance until you get "a set" so good it stays on long enuf(!), so that's the first hurdle, the rebalance is the next stage to learn! i once said to my trainer that it was harder than i thought and he said "well if it was easy, everyone would do it and i wouldn't have a business". i can see his point.

Please don't give up!!! We all start off like this. I used to have such a nightmare with building my apex, my nails just kept snapping in that area!! It really got me down. But I just kept practicing. I've only been doing nails since September and I really have come a long way already! So keep your chin up and keep practicing. As said above at least you know where you are making mistakes.

All the best xx

Thanx again guys for your comments - I will take them all on board and keep at it.

My friend was very patient with me really and it was probably me losing the will to live rather than her (hee hee).

I should be practising instead of yakking, naah, i'll save it for tomorrow and geek some more!!!

Will go and have a look a gigi's tutorial.

Cheers chucks.

Mwah.:Love:

joe90 said:
Thanx again guys for your comments - I will take them all on board and keep at it.

My friend was very patient with me really and it was probably me losing the will to live rather than her (hee hee).

I should be practising instead of yakking, naah, i'll save it for tomorrow and geek some more!!!

Will go and have a look a gigi's tutorial.

Cheers chucks.

Mwah.:Love:
good plan, knowledge is power !!

glad we've perked you up a bit. good luck.

hello all,
i have a quick question... i am currently using ez flow... well the other day i had a new client and she never had nails, so i was doing the regular stuff like nail prep and etc so when i go to apply the acrylic to the nails the client kept complainting that her hands had a burning feel to it? i am wondering what i am doing wrong? also i use bond ex primer.. if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

thanks van

nailemvee said:
hello all,
i have a quick question... i am currently using ez flow... well the other day i had a new client and she never had nails, so i was doing the regular stuff like nail prep and etc so when i go to apply the acrylic to the nails the client kept complainting that her hands had a burning feel to it? i am wondering what i am doing wrong? also i use bond ex primer.. if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

thanks van

do you get this problem with other clients ? if it is just this one it could be she has sensitivity to primer. you must be sure to keep it on the nail plate only. another problem could be perhaps you are thinning her nail plate too much by over filing at the prep stage and she already has a sensitive nail. or if it occurs as you apply the acrylic it could be that you are using an over wet mix ratio, as this produces a heat reaction as it cures. this would be felt more by a person who has a thin or sensitive nail bed.
try and give us a little more info and we might be able to get to the bottom of this.

joe90 said:
Am 4 weeks away from finishing my college course (creative). I know it is very early days but I am impatient and want perfection NOW PLEASE (hee hee). I am frustrated because others in my class seem to be so much better at it.

I am going to sound dim now :o . Is your course the Creative Foundation course? Or are you learning at college using Creative Products?? Hope you don't mind me asking.

We are using creative products at College but we will be assessed by someone from creative who will come in at the end of the course to make sure we are up to scratch from their point of view.

Don't know whether we will get a creative certificate aswell as a vtct - will ask that question when I go back go college on Wednesday.

Cheers.:Grope:

joe90 said:
Hi all,

I have just done an infill for my friend and they were absolutely rubbish!! They also took me 2 hours - I think my friend almost lost the will to live.

I read a couple of very good threads on infills and thought that they would help me find out where I had gone wrong ie not chasing the line back and working towards it instead. OMG It didn't work. A couple of the nails also came out looking a little quasi modo-ish (lol).

I am so disillusioned with my results, am I really cut out for this?

Please, please help!!!!!!!!!

Try and work with less product; an infill is as it sounds - banging a bead in zone 3 - doesn't really do the job of balancing the nail back to how it originally began - remember 'as the nail grows, the balance goes'! A re-balance when finished should look like brand new full-set! Keep practising and BE CAREFUL NOT to abrade the natural nail when chasing the line. Don't buff on the LIFT - it has already lifted so that does no good at all - buff behind the lift and the lift will just crumble away. The thicker you did them in the first place, that longer it will take for you to thin them down! HTH's :!:

Latest posts

Back