Infill PolyGel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailBarista

Reaction score
I'm new to PolyGel and still waiting on my course. I have been playing around with it on some clients as well as myself and am obsessed. Can someone who's done the PolyGel course tell me if you can refill over acrylic or should I completely remove acrylic and do a whole new PolyGel set?

I have been removing and applying a new PolyGel set but saw somewhere that you can refill over acrylic and hard gel but that didn't sound right to me..... so I'd like feedback from you guys!

I'm new to PolyGel and still waiting on my course. I have been playing around with it on some clients as well as myself and am obsessed. Can someone who's done the PolyGel course tell me if you can refill over acrylic or should I completely remove acrylic and do a whole new PolyGel set?

I have been removing and applying a new PolyGel set but saw somewhere that you can refill over acrylic and hard gel but that didn't sound right to me..... so I'd like feedback from you guys!

Hi there! I have gotten my hands on a Polygel Trial kit here in the States and I am also BEYOND impressed. I was in a hurry to try it and just infilled over my acrylics, also replacing two nails that I had pinged off in an accident. My nails are on tight and I'm going into week three with NO issues. I love this stuff! I've done sets on two of my problem lifters and they are nearing week 2 with zero lifting. I can't wait to get my hands on a master kit! I think you'd be fine if you infilled over acrylics.

Personally I would totally remove the acrylic and start on a fresh set as it's possible the polygel will not bond well and the acrylic, Acrylic can be soaked off to remove but the polygel cannot which could lead to problems a few infills down the line tho I havnt done my course yet and I only I received my masters kit yesterday So this is only my opinion x

Personally I would totally remove the acrylic and start on a fresh set as it's possible the polygel will not bond well and the acrylic, Acrylic can be soaked off to remove but the polygel cannot which could lead to problems a few infills down the line tho I havnt done my course yet and I only I received my masters kit yesterday So this is only my opinion x
Polygel soaks off much like acrylic, just easier and nicer, smooth result. I have been infilling over existing gel and acrylic clients with no issues.

Polygel soaks off much like acrylic, just easier and nicer, smooth result. I have been infilling over existing gel and acrylic clients with no issues.
Polygel is a hard gel and cannot be soaked off

Polygel is a hard gel and cannot be soaked off
It takes me about 15 minutes to soak it off. Comes off like a dream with foils and acetone.
I took the conversion course at the end of April and the instructions were clear.

The product should be filed off, not soaked off. Nail techs CAN soak to remove the remaining product after filing.
Infilling and rebalancing is better. However if you wish to remove all together it is easy peasy.
Nails can be rebalanced the same way acrylic or gel nails are rebalanced.

Attachments

• 1497826980076.jpg
    1497826980076.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hi there! I have gotten my hands on a Polygel Trial kit here in the States and I am also BEYOND impressed. I was in a hurry to try it and just infilled over my acrylics, also replacing two nails that I had pinged off in an accident. My nails are on tight and I'm going into week three with NO issues. I love this stuff! I've done sets on two of my problem lifters and they are nearing week 2 with zero lifting. I can't wait to get my hands on a master kit! I think you'd be fine if you infilled over acrylics.

I agree with you, but these guys are in the UK, totally different info than us in the US. For one they can't even use a product until they're trained with that products company. So they learn a lot of no mixing and matching, because company's want you to purchase the whole line, not just the stuff you like. So our US advice is mostly useless to them.

I agree with you, but these guys are in the UK, totally different info than us in the US. For one they can't even use a product until they're trained with that products company. So they learn a lot of no mixing and matching, because company's want you to purchase the whole line, not just the stuff you like. So our US advice is mostly useless to them.
We have classes in North America, maybe if more people made a decision to do the classes rather than wing it, there wouldn't be so much conflicting information out there. Just saying. I hope one day, our governing bodies grow a pair and regulate the industry by ensuring everyone has the same proper education.

Biljana,

Are you doing the same prep you did with your acrylic clients or are you using the Gelish products that came with Polygel?
I am experiencing some lifting. It isn't real noticeable until I put a file to the nail. Sometimes I file all the Polygel off. This is a little disappointing.
I'm actually having a better result with clients who I put Polygel over the existing acrylic.

Thanks,

Regina

Biljana,

Are you doing the same prep you did with your acrylic clients or are you using the Gelish products that came with Polygel?
I am experiencing some lifting. It isn't real noticeable until I put a file to the nail. Sometimes I file all the Polygel off. This is a little disappointing.
I'm actually having a better result with clients who I put Polygel over the existing acrylic.

Thanks,

Regina
I always follow the system to a tee, so yes I am using what my class taught me. Other than the Top It Off discoloration I have no issues. I have been using CND Shellac top coat and it works nicely.
No issues filing or lifting. Are you using too much Slip solution? Trainer mentioned, if your brush is too wet it can cause issues.

One of my grads came back to have them completely removed so she can get back to martial arts.
I debulked with my drill, and wrapped them in foils. 20 minutes to take them off, a touch of cuticle oil and she is back to normal.
So, if you don't wish to damage the Polygel, always file to rebalance.

Attachments

• 1498485120537.jpg
    1498485120537.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 149
Im wondering did you apply a base coat or primer over what acrylic was left before you did the refill with polygel?
Thanks

Im wondering did you apply a base coat or primer over what acrylic was left before you did the refill with polygel?
Thanks

Welcome to Salon Geek.

The poster you’ve quoted hasn’t logged in since earlier in the year, so you may prefer to create a thread of your own.

Latest posts

Back