Infill problems advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hello I am having a few problems when doing infills.

Please can you help?

Firstly, when I file the lifing part down which near the cuticle part of the nail, it is fine until I have to apply nail dehydrator prior to the rest of the nail prep.

Then what happens is the part that I have just filed and got ready - the spray gets underneath. I'm not sure what to do.

I don't saturate the nail with dehydrator, just put it around the area I need to and also this gets rid of the dust.

Secondly, sometimes when I've done the prep and start putting the L & P over zone 3, sometimes you can see a line where the original acrylic was.

I'm not sure how to deal with these problems so any advice would be appreciated!

tinkywinky said:

Please can you help?

Firstly, when I file the lifing part down which near the cuticle part of the nail, it is fine until I have to apply nail dehydrator prior to the rest of the nail prep.

Then what happens is the part that I have just filed and got ready - the spray gets underneath. I'm not sure what to do.

I don't saturate the nail with dehydrator, just put it around the area I need to and also this gets rid of the dust.

Secondly, sometimes when I've done the prep and start putting the L & P over zone 3, sometimes you can see a line where the original acrylic was.

I'm not sure how to deal with these problems so any advice would be appreciated!
sounds like you havnt removed all the lift otherwise the spray wouldnt manage to get under the acrylic.look at the tutorial on prep to reduce lifting problems.always remove the dust first with a nylon brush, dont use yr dehydrator for that as the dust will be causing lifting too. seeing a fill line through the finished nail is the ledge of acrylic that you havent buffed flush to the natural nail. proper preps vital for your problem and make sure you remove ALL the lifted acrylic.

tinkywinky said:

Please can you help?

If it were filed flush to the nail plate no spray would get underneath

You will find that it dosen't actually get rid of the dust it just saturates it so you are unableto see it. Try using a dust brush.

You need to make sure yu are taking away allof the lifted product and leaving the rest flush to the nail

As joanne has already said you cant go any further than the tutorials. Have you read Nailclass it is very good and explained very well so easy to understand.

I would agree. definatly sounds like not all the lift is going. I had this problem before I read nailclass. now I dont have this problem, or the lifting that causes it!!

What products do you use hun??

Star Nails (unfortunately)

Product aside i think if your prep isn't up to scratch you will start to get problems. I have never used star nails so don't know how they perform. Try adjusting yur prep and see if this helps first.

mamma said:
Product aside i think if your prep isn't up to scratch you will start to get problems. I have never used star nails so don't know how they perform. Try adjusting yur prep and see if this helps first.

yep, i agree with mamma, do a bit more thorough prep in the first place and be sure you are leaving a margin round the product so that there is no skin contact. i dont think that star nails teach a good enough prep[well they didnt to me anyway]. try incorporating a cuticle remover into your prep routine, i use the creative one and its a very efficient product, you wouldnt believe the stuff it shifts. contrary to popular belief, you do not have to be creative trained to buy it. taking these steps will go a long way to prevent lifting.

you sound as if you are not quite filing off all your lifted product if the dehydrator can get behind the remaining product, in fact using a dehydrator is a great indicator to show you where you need to do a bit more filing. try using your dehydrator on a pad, more acurate and more economical than spraying it, and you can do a thorough scrub to make sure you dont miss any.

i dont think star nails is a bad product, i think it just gets the blame for a lot of problems that come with inexperience. its often the first stuff we are introduced to and we dont realise that its problems with application rather than quality of product in a lot of cases.

Latest posts

Back