Infills ~ 5 weeks on...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

I received a call from a client whom i did infills on 5 weeks ago today booking for an appointment tommorrow evening.To be honest when 3 weeks had passed i thought she was not returning, but nope she says they need infilling & some will probably need replacing! I know that recently she has had a loss in the family so she has probably had other things on her mind.

But honestly is it possible for infills to go this long?!?

I will keep you informed! :Scared:

grrrrrrrr... i hate when they do that!!!!!but conciderin the situation let it pass. now for the heads up... some times gals will come in sooo late for their fill that they NEED a f.s.. if its gonna take a long time to repair and file down id just start over. now some women CAN go longer w/o much liftin and repairin so it might not be soo bad. just let her know that itll cost more than a reg. fill cause theres more work and thus more time. im glad she came back 4 u.
louise said:
Hi all,

I received a call from a client whom i did infills on 5 weeks ago today booking for an appointment tommorrow evening.To be honest when 3 weeks had passed i thought she was not returning, but nope she says they need infilling & some will probably need replacing! I know that recently she has had a loss in the family so she has probably had other things on her mind.

But honestly is it possible for infills to go this long?!?

I will keep you informed! :Scared:

When my assistant was off sick after a car accident recently, she couldn't have her nails done. By the time she came back her nails had been on for 9 weeks without being filled/rebalanced or anything. They were PERFECT! No lifting, no breakages, just very grown out, so yes it is possible! However, as she was off sick, she couldn't do much & she's also a trained nail tech so she looked after them better than most clients do.

I would say, chances are your client will be needing a full rebalance. Even if there is no lifting or breakage, they will still be grown out.

HI Louise

Yep i have the same lovely situation waiting for me tommorrow! Mother and daughter nearly five weeks since their full sets done i said come back in THREE hmm their calender must be different to mine :lol:

Some clients :rolleyes: they think they are saving money but i just charge em more cause it takes me longer :wink2:

Little Angel said:
HI Louise

Yep i have the same lovely situation waiting for me tommorrow! Mother and daughter nearly five weeks since their full sets done i said come back in THREE hmm their calender must be different to mine :lol:

Some clients :rolleyes: they think they are saving money but i just charge em more cause it takes me longer :wink2:

From a good business point of view, you should make their next appointment before they leave.

Kimmi Rocks said:
From a good business point of view, you should make their next appointment before they leave.

I always do this when I can but some will book then cancel a few days before (long enough that they don't lose their deposit). You can't win with some clients. If a client goes for too long then I tell them when they phone for an appointment that they will need a rebalance rather than just an infill & I will charge them accordingly. Most clients are good about keeping their appointments regular, it's just a few who let you down.

i used to have a client who would go 6, sometimes 8 weeks inbetween appointments!!!

im suprised she managed to keep them on that long bacause she hardly looked after them!!

you have to make sure you charge for everything you do, dont let anything slide, then they will realise that it costs them more in the long run. not to mentin the fact they are walkin round with skanky nails for a fortnight after their due their maintenance!!

Kimmi Rocks said:

Yes Kimmi i normally do but they were first time clients and we find as a salon that sometimes they book and then don't turn up.
If i had booked them for 3 weeks time they wouldn't have shown up which would have been a total waste of my time.

All my regular clients rebook on their way out and i know they will turn up. The ones i know very well who will 'forget' i tell to ring, and they do.

From a business point of view i find this far more sensible when they have had a re balance THEN i ask them if they would like to rebook! I prefer my appointment books are full of real clients not ones i just hope will come back.

That way my time or any of my staff's time isn't wasted. Some people give nails a try and then decide its not for them do you think they would bother to call and cancel?? no most of the time they don't!

hey...thats a heck of a long time and goodness knows what your going to see tomorrow !

But i say well done you for initially doing a set that stays on that long!

ambx

Back