Infills V's Rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow girl

Reaction score
I hope someone can help! :rolleyes:

Infills have been described and shown to us at college (vtct course) as filling down and filling in zone 3. Rebalances have been described and shown as taking the whole layer of gel down and then reapplying it.

Why is it when ever i try and do infills i always end up filling the whole nail down and ends up more of a rebalance. This is taking me so long really. If you are infilling and only filling down the back of the nail, wont the tip end up all thick and chunky? ? ? ?

Sorry its probably so obvious but cant see to get it right. Thanks

If you are doing an infill, you just buff away any lifted areas, prep and apply product to Zone 3.

When you rebalance, you start and Zone 1, and thin down the entire enhancement and apply new product as you would a new enhancement, reinstating the Apex in the correct place.

When the nail grows, the Apex will move and the enhancement will become top-heavy which can cause various problems if only infills are done all the time.

I sometimes do a rebalance every alternate visit. Hope that makes sense.

NailNovice2 said:
If you are doing an infill, you just buff away any lifted areas, prep and apply product to Zone 3.

When you rebalance, you start and Zone 1, and thin down the entire enhancement and apply new product as you would a new enhancement, reinstating the Apex in the correct place.

When the nail grows, the Apex will move and the enhancement will become top-heavy which can cause various problems if only infills are done all the time.

I sometimes do a rebalance every alternate visit. Hope that makes sense.
Do you charge the same for a rebalance as an infill?

Usually an infill is slightly cheaper than a rebalance as you are not using so much product
just to give you an idea my local salon charges £23 for an infill and £26 for a rebalance

HTH

Since an infill is so much quicker, I would charge a few pounds less.

Latest posts

Back