Infills with gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandanails

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any tips for doing infills when the client has gel polish on?

I am mobile and don't have a drill file so I feel like it always takes forever to file off all the gel polish and blend the infill area.
Are there any smaller drill files that are more suitable for mobile nail techs?

I do know of one tech who soaks off the gel polish before doing infills but I haven't tried this myself. Does anyone else do it this way?

Thank you! :)

I'll be honest I don't find it takes that much longer at all. I start with a 100 grit file, and as I need to reposition the apex anyway the polish just comes off as I'm doing the filing I need to do. I then move to a lower grit file to ensure zone 1 is blended properly prior to reapplication of product.

A very experienced nail tech advised me to wrap the nails with acetone and leave it on for 2-5 mins max. The gel polish then scrapes off easily without affecting the acrylic. I tried it and it worked perfectly. I then buffed all over with a white block then just continued with an infill.

Latest posts

Back