Inhalation reaction or poor ventilation reaction to spray tan - yourself or clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Recently I had a serious reaction to a spray tan which baffled myself, the spray tanner as I had trialed this companies spray tan with a sample.

Anyway the story goes......

I sprayed myself with a companies sample tan on face only and was fine, did this quite a few times and was fine.......................

then got the chance to have a professional spray tan with a geek and the same tan and then had a serious reaction - larges wheels covering torso, back and neck and developed serious shortness of breath.................the quick administer of antihistamines sorted this..................................

have since sprayed myself with the sample tan which is the same as the professional spray tan, have since tried other tanning systems on body that are self administer so its not the companies spray tan I am allergic too but am obviously weary but I want to train with this company so my question .......................

ANYONE HAD ANY REACTIONS TO SPRAY TANS OF ANY COMPANY BUT WHEN VENTINLATION WASN'T RIGHT OR SIMILIAR?

thanks x

Sometimes different batches of things have different things in them - it may be that you had a reaction to something that was in that tan that wasn't in the sample you had. I work for an animal charity and we had someone phone up asking if we could think of a reason her dog was ill and had a dull scurfy coat and it turned out that although the feed he was on was the same as usual the company had changed from a paper bag to plastic packaging and that had caused all his problems. Sometimes it is as simple as that! Or i could be entirely wrong in which case completely disregard this message - and apologies for using a dog analagy! Lol Lx

Recently I had a serious reaction to a spray tan which baffled myself, the spray tanner as I had trialed this companies spray tan with a sample.

Anyway the story goes......

I sprayed myself with a companies sample tan on face only and was fine, did this quite a few times and was fine.......................

then got the chance to have a professional spray tan with a geek and the same tan and then had a serious reaction - larges wheels covering torso, back and neck and developed serious shortness of breath.................the quick administer of antihistamines sorted this..................................

have since sprayed myself with the sample tan which is the same as the professional spray tan, have since tried other tanning systems on body that are self administer so its not the companies spray tan I am allergic too but am obviously weary but I want to train with this company so my question .......................

ANYONE HAD ANY REACTIONS TO SPRAY TANS OF ANY COMPANY BUT WHEN VENTINLATION WASN'T RIGHT OR SIMILIAR?

thanks x

Hi Nikki,
knowing the full story from the begining to today with the problems you are having this is cleary about an issue you have with ininhalation of either this specific brand (Tantrick) or DHA in general terms as when you used the little pump spray on your skin there was no reaction howeber a severe reaction ocurred when airborne particles entered your lungs..

Now the only way to fully prevent this (as there is no cure) is to

1)Ensure you have proper ventilation and use nose plugs and a mask-thus not alowing airborne particles into your lungs.

2) try alternative liquids that maybe you dont have an alergy agains't..if you are wishing to stick with the same brand (very nice of you :hug:) maybe try their other liquid which has a completly different formulation and content to that of the one you tried.
If you are looking to trial as many liquids as is possible take it slowly and dont inhale to much as you realy don't want to experianc to much reaction pain:hug:

I know how keen you are to develope spraytanning as part of your ever increasing portfolio of services you offer and hope that you find the right solution that suits you.

Be carefull through your trials and do keep us posted...also feel free to contact either myself or any of our trainers if you require any additional support through your research process.
Best regards and wishes

Thanks guys for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Collin I have a very brown tummy, sprayed OTT EoS on it last night to see what would happen and nothing apart from waking up with the brownest tummy ! So frustrating!

Thanks guys for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Collin I have a very brown tummy, sprayed OTT EoS on it last night to see what would happen and nothing apart from waking up with the brownest tummy ! So frustrating!

Nikki...clearly you dont have a problem with a spraytan on the skin...maybe with the fact you realy find it hard to get on with the smell of the DHA reaction that your body is trying to tell you something.

Given your desire to become a spraytan operator then there is a need to focus on ways to get over the problem of airborne particles getting into your lungs....also maybe an alternative liquid may just do the trick for you as you may not have the same reaction.

if it is that you are indeed keen on Tantrick maybe you could ask the kind geek who sprayed you with EOS to spray you with our other liquid type...say the 8% for example.

Now if you do decide to give it a go please take it slowly...maybe start with the lower body...see how you get on..have a cup of tea (a break) see if anything is developing and if not then finish the rest of the body...but for the purposes of this excercise please make sure you take it slow,wear sniffits,ensure there is adequate ventilation and keep your medication to hand.
If the fellow geek is not available or unsure about undertaking this for you then if you wish I would be happy to arrange for our trainer local to you to perhaps undertake this trial for you.

before you do though please make sure you are certain you wish to go through with it given your first reaction.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this before proceeding.
Take care and best regards
Collin

Thanks Collin x

Latest posts

Back