Insurance claims

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missaking

Reaction score
Hi all,
just want to know your thoughts.
I have a friend who is in a predicament .

her beauty room & products & equipment were damaged in a flood within a building where she rents a room.

She was going to go through a claim herself, but has now been pushed into putting her claim with the buildings business claim.

Its a bit of an iffy claim on their behalf if i am honest. They are telling a few porkies.

what are your thoughts on this? has this happened to anyone else?would it effect her books if she did ? do you think she would even get the appropriate pay out from that company??

i think she should claim on her own, but i want to hear others opinions?

If she has her own contents insurance then she should claim on that - lumping her losses into the building insurance could result in her getting much less than she's owed. If the owner is willing to claim for things they have no right to, what's to stop them from not paying her out in full from what they get?

I think she should speak to her insurers.
If there's an investigation and it's discovered that she was party to a fraudulent excessive claim then it will affect her ability to buy any sort of insurance in the future.

Sounds like someone didn't tell their insurers they were sub-letting potentially voiding their insurance. Not your friend's fault, she has nothing to lose. Let her claim on her own.

Thank you all! i think she knows what she is going to do. :)

Latest posts

Back