Insurance for a mobile beauty therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awx1996

Reaction score
So I do close friends and families treatments outside of my beauty therapist job but have lately been getting a bit of interest from other people who I don't know so well.

Before anyone mentions I am aware I should have had insurance but didn't think twice as it's literally family and my closest friends.

But anyways I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any insurance companies that aren't too expensive as I don't tend to do beauty treatments often it is just nice to know I have it if anything was to go wrong.

I will offer gel nails, gel extensions, eyelash extensions, tinting, waxing, massage, looking to do a lash lift course and I have paid the deposit to do a hair extension course! So I'm looking for something to cover all those aspects and if anyone can tell me what sort of cover I need etc?

Many thanks :)

So I do close friends and families treatments outside of my beauty therapist job but have lately been getting a bit of interest from other people who I don't know so well.

Before anyone mentions I am aware I should have had insurance but didn't think twice as it's literally family and my closest friends.

But anyways I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any insurance companies that aren't too expensive as I don't tend to do beauty treatments often it is just nice to know I have it if anything was to go wrong.

I will offer gel nails, gel extensions, eyelash extensions, tinting, waxing, massage, looking to do a lash lift course and I have paid the deposit to do a hair extension course! So I'm looking for something to cover all those aspects and if anyone can tell me what sort of cover I need etc?

Many thanks :)

You will need public liability insurance.

There are many insurance companies offering this type of cover, so it's a good idea to ring round a few to get some quotes in.

Try these:

Salon Gold
The Guild
Professional Beauty
ABT

I'm with salon gold I have full cover for hair , nails and beauty and it's less than £12 per month including extra cover for equipment etc, definitely a great value insurance!

Thank yous both I really appreciate it!

I use abt currently who are about 60/70 pounds a year which I thought was really reasonable! And you get 2 free magazines every month too! X

I use abt currently who are about 60/70 pounds a year which I thought was really reasonable! And you get 2 free magazines every month too! X

I'm with ABT too, after getting quotes from those listed I found them to give me the most bang from my buck.

I'll have a look at them thank you do they do it monthly payments do yousknow x

I'll have a look at them thank you do they do it monthly payments do yousknow x
Not sure, I just paid mine for the year so I didn't have to worry about it, but I'm sure they'll have different payment options like most insurers.

Latest posts

Back