Insurance query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie32

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
I have just finished my NVQ2 beauty therapy course and have been signed out of college.....I would like to do some treatments at home for friends and family but Im not sure if I have to wait to get my certificate from VCTC before I can get insurance before I can get insured?
I cant get student insurance as Im not a student anymore but without my certificate how do I prove I have passed? :rolleyes:

Any ideas anyone?

Thankyou

Your college should be able to provide you with a letter proving your qualification which you can fax to your insurance company. That said, you shouldn't have to wait too long - maybe 2 weeks - for your certificate!

Over the years I've been with several insurance companies. Some want to see scans of certificates before they insure but there are some that don't. The ones that don't presumably ask for proof of the certificates in the event of a claim?

Unfortunately I can't remember what companies do what, but I'm sure a few phone calls would sort it out:)

Jes

Hello,

I have just renewed my insurance with salon gold £44.00 a year (mobile therapist) and they didnt ask to see any of my certificates, they have insured me for up to 2 million and the exess is very low aswell, i did shop around and they were the best by far.

Good Luck

Stacey x

Im with Salon Gold aswell, really helpfull on the telephone.

If you do it online it is cheeper then the telephone.

They didnt want to see my certs aswell.

Laura

hi im insured with the guild it's also a good one very helpfull on the phone mine was a bit more expensive as im covered for hairdressing , beauty and nail extensions you get a little mag every few months and you can ring up before you do a treatment if you are unsure and if you also do anyother courses or thinking about doing another one you can also give them acall to find out if your policy covers the treatment before you do the course.You can also buy a badge that shows who you are insured with. (my badge gives me more of a profess feel :))

hth x:)

Hi Angie

Congratulations on passing!

As a student I was insured with the Beauty Guild but like a few others in this thread am now insured with Salon Gold. Scanned all my certificates but they do not need to see them unless you make a claim.

I had to do my transaction over the phone as I do not have a password for my Visa card so could not get the advertised internet price which is a great deal. I had to pay an extra £10 to do it over the landline, but saying that it was still very reasonable for a years cover. I had the documents in the post the next day.

X

Hi Angie,
I'm going to be in the same boat as you shortly, I enquired with the guild at a show, and they said to get the college to write on headed paper what you're qualified in, as the person I spoke to at the show said it took upto 6 months for her certificate to come through ?, I really hope I dont have to wait that long :rolleyes::hug:

Hi Angie,
I'm going to be in the same boat as you shortly, I enquired with the guild at a show, and they said to get the college to write on headed paper what you're qualified in, as the person I spoke to at the show said it took upto 6 months for her certificate to come through ?, I really hope I dont have to wait that long :rolleyes::hug:

Hi Tracey,

If this was a recent show, then you were not talking to the Guild, as we have not exhibited in at least the last 3/4 years.

We will accept a letter from your college stating that you have passed until you can send a copy of your certificate.

Hi Tracey,

If this was a recent show, then you were not talking to the Guild, as we have not exhibited in at least the last 3/4 years.

We will accept a letter from your college stating that you have passed until you can send a copy of your certificate.

OMG ? I'm so sorry. I could of swore it was, I'll check with my college mate too, the show was BeautyUK at birmingham, lol trust me to get my wires crossed :hug:

And thx for that extra info = same result in the end :lol:

Latest posts

Back