introduce a friend special promotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tricky

Reaction score
has anyone done this before?

How did you go about it as i am thinking of mailshots to my exsisting clients

did you find much response from it ?

Hi Tricky,

yes, all of the Stylists in my salon have done this at one time or another. What they do is when a Client comes in the stylist gives her two cards with the stylist info on it and a % off on next service..
The client is instructed to give one card to each of their friends and put the clients name on the back,When the new client comes in for a service they recieve the % off the service and the old client gets their % off their next service also when they come in. It built the stylists clientele up quite quickly.
It is a Win-Win situation.

I do this too, I offer 25% off for both parties for their next appointment following an introduction. (Amazing how many more people they find to tell!):lol:

Works really well.

We do something similar, it's a refer 3 get one free. We chose to give a free hair cut to start, for repeat referers (people who hand out and have more than 3 come back in) we up the value of the "free" if they have 6 cards come back they can upgrade to a cut and style, 9 they can add another simple service 12 or more they can have a chemical service.

I know my students really prefer working on people to their manequinn so we are always working on increasing the volume of our clinic floor, especially when you consider that our "staff" turns over regularly- with each new graduating class.

Direct mail also works well and community involvement, something that will draw the news to you. Fund raisers for a cause, cut a thons, contests I'm still learning and growing in my "marketing" job, it's still a little new to me but so far it seems to be paying off!!

i think this works really well. The best form of advertising is word of mouth, this gives your client an incentive to recommend you too. HTHs:)

Latest posts

Back