iPhone card payment processing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
I just saw an iPhone advert on sky sports 1(hubby watching football:rolleyes:).

It said "Need to take a payments from your customers card? There's an app for that." It looked like they just typed in the card details and that was it.

I don't have an iPhone so couldn't check but it looked quite cool and may be the answer for some people.

Lx

Liked the sound of what you said!
Checked it out, it looks quite expenses (.20p per transaction + £20 per month) and you will need iphone. It might be very useful for a mobile?

Liked the sound of what you said!
Checked it out, it looks quite expenses (.20p per transaction + £20 per month) and you will need iphone. It might be very useful for a mobile?

I don't know how much other mobile card processing costs but this could be an option for those who already have an iPhone. I assume other mobile units would also have a monthly fee and possibly a fee per transaction too. I don't know.

Also, you might have to use your mobile phone to dial in these payments. I don't think you need to with the iPhone. I'm just guessing though.

Think you can do the same on any phone, esp blackberries. I have a blackberrie and no idea what it does!?! It looks nice though lol!

To be honest thats cheap for processing - my card machine takes £25 per month and 5% per transcation. However I feel its slightly more professional and looks a little less dodgy than keying in details on a mobile.

Ann Summers started this years ago and then scrapped it for some reason.

Its a good idea though if customers are ok with it. With so much card cloning though it would demand on the level of trust.

Kate

i like the sound of this, i've been looking at getting an iphone so now i have an excuse to get one! my hubby had one but changed it for a blackberry so i'll get him to check out the application on his phone when he gets back from golf...alright for some!!!!

The app you saw advertised on TV is for iphone only but is only a pay pal integration app. If you have a laptop and a dongle you could simply use pay pal for credit card transactions?

But don't just use this as an excuse to get the iphone, I have one I love it best gadget I've had in ages!! Only problem is you cannot sms photo's you have to email them..

I've seen this too, thought it was a good idea. However I have a blackberry, so thinking about the previous replies, I must be able to do this on Chuck. Even if it is just using paypal on there. Gonna look into this I think!

But don't just use this as an excuse to get the iphone, I have one I love it best gadget I've had in ages!! Only problem is you cannot sms photo's you have to email them..
I had an iphone too and agree it's the best mobile ever IMO but I wanted MMS messaging and it didn't offer it. It didn't have bluetooth either I don't think

If you use Paypal do clients have to have a Paypal account themselves or can you actually use it to take normal card payments?

Hi All,
Sorry for jumping in,

I have just tried google to try and find more info on this ipone and taking payments, but i carnt find any info, must be me being blonde.

Has anyone got a link to any info on this.

Thanks Guys

Hi All,
Sorry for jumping in,

I have just tried google to try and find more info on this ipone and taking payments, but i carnt find any info, must be me being blonde.

Has anyone got a link to any info on this.

Thanks Guys

I googled iphone apps and had to look at it through itunes.
Posted via Mobile Device

The application you need for use on any machine with an internet connection is here https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/Virtual-Terminal.asp

This works on my xda mobile phone which is a pocketpc and I assume it is either the same or similar to the iphone application as the costs look the same.

I know the iphone is a good phone and lots of people like it but I do wish everyone would stop thinking it's something new! Pocketpc phones have been around for years and do far more than the iphone at a much lower cost.

The application you need for use on any machine with an internet connection is here https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/Virtual-Terminal.asp

This works on my xda mobile phone which is a pocketpc and I assume it is either the same or similar to the iphone application as the costs look the same.

I know the iphone is a good phone and lots of people like it but I do wish everyone would stop thinking it's something new! Pocketpc phones have been around for years and do far more than the iphone at a much lower cost.

what I said.............
you dont need an I phone.... this system has been around a long time.

but when you look at it you can get about the same deal on a portable machine, if you haggle the price.

Here is some info for you all.

How to Process Credit Cards on your Mobile Phone | Dial-a-Phone

Sux

Latest posts

Back