IPL hair removal machine - is it worth buying?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leni

Reaction score
Hi. I have been thinking in investing in IPL hair removal machine. Does anyone use it in their salon and could give me some advice about companies, price, training?

Also, is there a high demand for the treatments (hair removal, skin rejuvenation...)?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I had the aculight on a profit share.

Its a great way of treating hair but I would def look into all the options avail and make sure you get a great machine.

You also have to register with the health care commission (I think that s the name)but sometimes the manufacturer will help you through this.

I loved doing the treatment - but it had its drawbacks with people sunbathing/tanning or it not working as fast for some clients.

Its an expensive bit of equipment so you must get the best with proven results. Its a while since I did it so I cant really tell you what is the best at the mo.

they have aculight at a salon i used to work at, it was a VERY popular treatment. I have had my underarms treated, i had 6 sessions in total and i've got around 70% permanently removed. They say it can take up to 12 sessions to get your desired result but unfortunatly i left the salon so i had to stop my treatments!

Overall, i reckon its fab!

Thank you both for your reply.
I just got a quote for a machine and it is very expensive. So I'm worried about the possible money return.
Anyone else, please?

I am thinking about an ipl machine as well. Ellipse was 17000 for a used one but I did find another one called naturalux for cheaper anyone heard of it?

Hey

I was looking into getting an ipl machine, the rep was very honest with me and said there was no point in investing in one unless it was going to become your main treatment,

Hope this helps,

Becki xxx

Hiya

This is what i'm thinking of doing

was looking at the enhance beauty
they do various machines
hair
skin
hair and skin mobile equipment
hair skin salon based equipment
not sure what they are all about yet, meeting up with the rep next week
The prices range fron £6,000 to £15,000 depending on what you want

If you find a good buy can you PM me with info
jenx
www.advancedbeautyclinic.con

Hi Leni

Aculight have air cooled machines
Machine i'm working on at the moment is water cooled

air cooled seem to be cheaper to change the heads(basic lamp cost around £600 for 18months)
water cooled head change can cost aound £2,000 not sure if it lasts as long as the others?

i will look into this further

please help us geeks

jenx

Hi all. This is an old post. Since then I have already got one. It is a 'combi' IPL from Bentlon.

HI
I had the same problem but went on an understanding Laser and IPL training course which gave me all the confidence and knowledge i needed to approach these companies and ask the right questions before investing big money. It was a 1 day course and £150 well spent.
Hope this helps

HI Lynn,

I would like to invest in ILP laser machine with a friend but before I do I would really like to have some training-is there any short ILP courses in London-where did you do yours?
do they require previous QUALs?

Hiya,

I am not sure what cost you want to pay but I work on IPL and I bouth a machine at over £16000 and the results are great. Becase I am studying further in Semi Permanent Make Up I am sellin my IPL for £10000 ono. If this is too expensive, please still feel free to ask any questions on IPL.

When or where ever you buy, it is a good investment.

Jo xx

Try Pulsar they are fab..the owner of the company is a technical advisor..he will be able to give you all the imput you need
jenx

This is something i have been considering introducing at my salon. I am currently having a course of treatments at a salon in a different town to mine so i can try it out as i feel this is the best way you can see if something works. The machines and training etc cost plenty and i thought it was better to spend a few hundred at another salon and if it works for me then i will buy the machine rather than spend thousands only to be disapointed (and skint!). I have had 3 treatments on my upper lip using the Pulsar IPL machine and i have seen a reduction in hair. I intend having more in the new year, they claim i may only need 1 - 2 more (fingers crossed).
I think it is easy for people to give opinions on products and equipment and it is good to hear them (most of the time) but you are better off trying something out yourself as you can see/feel the results, unedited and make your own decision. I did the same when i bought a microdermabrasion machine this year. Skin base offered to loan me one for a month to try it out, as it happened i absolutley loved it and the company are fantastic so i bought it and am still pleased with the results and customer service.
sorry if i have gone on but buying equipment like this can make your business a success or be the ruin of you if it does not live upto its claims.:lol: xxxx

As mentioned earlier Pulsar is a great machine, but i would only profit share first, until you are sure you have clients.
pulsar also offer great skincare that compliments and is compatible with IPL
they also have a great microdermabrasion system

tried and tested many advanced beauty treatments and products

jenx

Some old threads here, but....

You can do a Core of Knowledge one day course whihc you will need when you go for registration with the Care Quality Commission (previously Helathcare Commission) - they are running these at Lynton now in Manchester. Lynton do great training.

Looking for a machine - try Lynton again. They have a range of machines and sometime have ex-rentals or ex demos as they both sell the machines to you outright or rent them to you. They are very open and honest about costs (not all suppliers are!)

They are becoming a one-stop shop for all you clinic needs.

Candyz

Some old threads here, but....

You can do a Core of Knowledge one day course whihc you will need when you go for registration with the Care Quality Commission (previously Helathcare Commission) - they are running these at Lynton now in Manchester. Lynton do great training.

Looking for a machine - try Lynton again. They have a range of machines and sometime have ex-rentals or ex demos as they both sell the machines to you outright or rent them to you. They are very open and honest about costs (not all suppliers are!)

They are becoming a one-stop shop for all you clinic needs.

Candyz

Every one of your post is about Lynton! I wonder who you work for? just asking (oh you must be so happy with the product)

Anyway

The Lumenis One, is a far superior machine, as is the company.

Su x

Hello
I am a Beauty Therapist with NVQ lvl2 and studying NVQ lvl3, I am intersted about IPL laser hair removel training.I live in Manchester, and this is the best area for me to get training. I saw on website in London but was so expensive 750£ and 3 days.
Is there any Manchester based courses that are cheaper that you can recommend?
Thank You

Try a company called energist and speak to Darren, he is very helpful. I have just re-looked into it and have decdided against it. The LPA (LASER ADVISOR) will charge £275 per quarter, the Quality Care Commission (was health care commission) will want £1200 up front the another £1350 set up then a further £1000 per year, it's just (for me) a headache with that many outgoings, it is good and I have used several machines but doing it yourself is pricey unless you have a high demand, do the research in your area first and I would reccommend a machine that does skin rejuvenation and red capillaries as well as hair removal, Hope I am not too late!

Laura

Elasers has several models and are very reasonably priced..elasers.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back