Is £10 too cheap?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the thing is that clients aren't aware how much the solution costs either, they dont know how much you use per client and how many tans per bottle so they cant judge you on how much you are charging really.

I think that other things are expensive, going to the hairdressers for a cut, blow dry, colour, straighten etc costs about 80 - 100 here depending on where you go. I think I'm not paying that! that is extortionate!! but it doesnt stop other people going in there and paying that price, and they are happy to do that. I wouldnt pay the money to get permanent eyebrows done either because it's expensive but other people do. I wouldnt pay over 5 pounds a day for a pack of cigarettes, I think that is extortionate too but other people choose to pay to smoke.... each to their own :)

What I am trying to say is just because you think something is expensive and you wouldnt pay for it doesnt mean your clients won't. I couldn't afford to pay 20 pounds to have a spray tan done every week but I have clients that can and do pay that. I'd love to have my nails done regularly too but cant really afford the up keep of 40 - 50 per month for rebalances!

If you are happy charging 10 pounds then that is your choice of course - happy tanning! :green:

Hi

I know some of you think £20-£25.00 sounds a lot for something that only lasts approx 7 days, however I have had clients tell me I am cheap at £25.00!

I have charged this for the last 3 years and am now thinking of raising my prices.

I should point out that the last time I raised my prices (for acrylic nails) I actually got more enquiries!:)

Latest posts

Back