Is a website essential?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ruth,

Really helpful, that's one of the things we had been discussing how to do actually so I will get our guy onto it!

Adam

Thanks Ruth,

Really helpful, that's one of the things we had been discussing how to do actually so I will get our guy onto it!

Adam

Fab, glad that should come in useful! That Cufon is great - as it just "modifies" bog standard text on the page to display it in the posh font. You can either just specify which sorts of HTML elements that you want in the posh font, e.g. "h1", "h2", etc... or you can use Cufon in conjunction with JQuery - jQuery: The Write Less, Do More, JavaScript Library - which will give you a lot more control over which text you apply the posh font to, as you can use JQuery expressions then as well, e.g.

Cufon.replace("h1.poshFont");

in the Javascript code would only replace h1 tags which also have class="poshFont" with the posh font, but would leave all other h1 tags as they are.

Not sure how Cufon integrates with MooTools (which is the Javascript library that your site is currently using); I've always been a JQuery fan myself...

Hello

I would say my website is the best investment I have made. I used VistaPrint to host mine. It cost less than 50 quid for the year and is so easy to edit and maintain myself... no complicated HTML codes or anything like that. It is as simple as writing a word document in office.

My website is www.gorgeous-tips.com

I upload pictures as often as i can to keep my gallery fresh and give potential customers inspiration... I cannot begin to tell you how many clients tell me they found me online. The best form of advertising I have invested in to date. I would defo say a web page is ESSENTIAL!

Once you have your website make sure you register it with all the search engines to get the best possible search ranking xxx

I have never sold products so cannot help with that one but I hope the above is useful x

Hi

How do you register your website with the search engines please?

Thanks

Lynn

I'm loving this Ruth, I can barely understand it and my other half is very impressed as well so I'm copying and pasting your advice to my web developer!

Adam xxx

websites... Are they essential?

Adam, really - are you thinking straight? Websites; in 2011? - without it I would be invisible to 90% of my new customers! I wouldn't survive without a punishing advertising budget.

Even if you put a grand into one. That's good money if the design fits your business.

Nothin much more to say. PM Ruth. Get some real advice!

Adam, really - are you thinking straight? Websites; in 2011? - without it I would be invisible to 90% of my new customers! I wouldn't survive without a punishing advertising budget.

Even if you put a grand into one. That's good money if the design fits your business.

Nothin much more to say. PM Ruth. Get some real advice!

Hello lovely, how are you? Not seen you on here for a while! x

Latest posts

Back