Is it worth doing NVQ 2/3 in nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki 26

Reaction score
Hello I'm currently not long qualified in acrylics and gel nails (would like to be trained in all treatments 1 day ) . But I'm just not confident enough yet to start out . Is it worth doing the nvq in nails ? Has any one done it what's your experiences.? Any advice would be greatful thank you :)

Absolutely, I did an evening course in January and finished in June at my local college it was great to have the training and my group was only a small group so my tutor wasn't stretched too thin and she could concentrate on anyone they needed a little more guidance if needed.
I'm now working/training 1 day a week in a salon around my other job. I've also set up a station at home if any friends and family want there's doing.
I really enjoyed getting to know people from my course findin out there plans. It was a night course there was no 17/18 year olds messing around and everyone just got on with it.
One of the things I had a little struggle with is when you have been trained you take a model and practice doing full sets on them, I had some models text me like 1 hour before hand telling me they wouldn't make it. As you can imagine the panic and horror I was ringing and texting everyone I new that would be free and ask them to come along I wasn't spending my money on a course and wasting it cause people were unreliable, so make sure you take people that won't let you down or to at least tell you in advance.
I hope you look into it, I had loads of fun and loads of knowledge gained.
Good luck.

Thank you for your reply glad there is good feedback did you do the level 2 or 3 ? At the college near me its 6 months for level 2 but then I found a beauty school that does level 3 in 9 months mainly at home though and just training days ect I'm stuck on what to do think I'm defiantly going to go for it though thank you . (Just need some guidance and confidence lol ) x

I've done level 2 it was just 16 weeks. Really want to do my level 3 but I'm going full time in Sept doing hair dressing and as I have to pay for all my courses I can't afford both at the same time.
Which one covers more course modules?
If your having to pay of it get more for your money!
I totally understand about the confidence I was shaking like a leaf on my first lesson and I'm really shy once I get to know people and not confident to just go up and talk to someone.
It was the best thing I've ever done giving myself that push and diving in the deep end.

Thanks again . The level 2 for me is with my local college and the level 3 is with a beauty school which is 9 months I think . What did u cover in level 2 ? I'm only thinking the college may be easier as the beauty school is like month 1 written month 2 5 training days and that goes on lol but college is 1 night a week but they haven't given me any information . Ahh I'm so nervous all the time lol I defiantly need more practice so I thought that may help me gain confidence and more skills X

The only thing we covered where:
How to prep the nails
How apply acrylic nails how to maintain them (infills)
It may seem very little covered but it's hard when you start out level 3 offered gel nails, gel polish, nail art and fiberglass.
But you can do separate courses for all of those too. X

Im currently doing nvq level 3 in liquid and powder, its a 25 week course and covers everything to do with acrylic including sculpting. Im just coming to the end of my course now, had my first written and practical exams today, pleased to say that i passed them both ( today was sculptured pink and white) im really glad i chose to do the nvq as apposed to a shorter course

I have just started the course the level 2 thank you both for your replys and good luck X

I have just started the course the level 2 thank you both for your replys and good luck X
Good for you, good luck I have my last 2 exams tomorrow

Good luck, hope you enjoy it xx

Latest posts

Back