Is make-up popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannesnails

Reaction score
Hiya, I was thinking of doing a make-up course i was wondering before i do the course is it popular treatment?xxthanks

I would imagine that bridal makeup is very popular, if a little stressful!

I trained in beauty then i did a years special fx and make-up course this covered everything from blood and gore to bridal stuff! when i left college i spent a few months in the local theatre doing makeup that was great then i tried for a job with granada got down to the last 2!! damm. anyhow i then got a job working in a photography studio that a friend owned doing makeovers i then got back into beauty and rented a room there off her but we both worked together and were really busy with weddings and also had people coming in for makeups and makeup lessons i think if you market yourself right you will be sucessfull now i have been mobile for over 10 years but i still do loads of weddings its good money and nice to do i also do some work for the local theatres but this doesnt pay that well its just nice to do every now and then. I think its a great thing for you to do. x

Thank you for both of your replies and information it was very helpfull xx thanks

I trained in beauty then i did a years special fx and make-up course this covered everything from blood and gore to bridal stuff! when i left college i spent a few months in the local theatre doing makeup that was great then i tried for a job with granada got down to the last 2!! damm. anyhow i then got a job working in a photography studio that a friend owned doing makeovers i then got back into beauty and rented a room there off her but we both worked together and were really busy with weddings and also had people coming in for makeups and makeup lessons i think if you market yourself right you will be sucessfull now i have been mobile for over 10 years but i still do loads of weddings its good money and nice to do i also do some work for the local theatres but this doesnt pay that well its just nice to do every now and then. I think its a great thing for you to do. x

Hi do you mind me asking which make up you use please? Many thanks x

Hi i use a mixture of screen face / cosmetics a la carte MAC pro & dior my box is full of diffferent makes not just one but all of good quality with staying power!:lol:

Hi i use a mixture of screen face / cosmetics a la carte MAC pro & dior my box is full of diffferent makes not just one but all of good quality with staying power!:lol:

That is so good to hear, as i have seen so many threads on here about which make up brand to use, and so many going for just one brand, I use alot of these brands too, one brand doesnt have products that are great for everything, you really need to pick and choose what you feel is a good product, otherwise how can you tell your clients that what you are using is in your opinion the best and will last the duration that many need it too, especially brides. I love doing make up it has become a real passion of mine, I think what you have achieved with the photographer etc is excellent, I hope it all continues to go well for you x

:lol:Arr thanks luv!!! xx

Latest posts

Back