Is my boss unfair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would also love a salon job that was M-F 9-5. I can't find anywhere full time that doesnt do Saturdays.

In my experience it all sounds fair. In fact I'd really like a job with the terms you describe, but everyone's different. Having said that if you really have itchy feet and want to be self employed why not try building up some clients on evenings and a day at the weekend maybe, dip your toe in the water and see if you like it.

How lucky you are to be have set up time in the morning. I was getting a bit hacked off at having to come in early every day to put my pots on and so bought a timer, wax comes on half an hour before I get in.

I clean and tidy as I go, giving the floor a really good scrub if I have a free slot.

I now it's not the answer you wanted, but I really don't see you have much to complain about....

I have to agree that you actually have it quite good. Working in a salon is different to working in a spa. Your lucky getting set up and tidy up time, paid. My girls get 15mins at the start of the day and 15mins at the end but they have specific jobs to do in that time, and if they run over then that's their prob not mine. Time is money and in a small business you only get paid for the time you 'work' as there just isn't enough money to be really generous. If you are not happy with it then you should go back to the spa Hun. Remember it's your decision, you've got to be happy and it's got to suit you. Good luck with it all honey x x

Latest posts

Back