Is this a good price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkb

Reaction score
Hi all

I am a newbie and would like to purchase an airbrush system. I have come across one and want to know what you think?

The only details I have are:

The compressor is a single cylinder with a working pressure of 0-60psi, badger airbrush model 100-32-gm, a 10ft braided airbrush hose with a 1/4" female pipe thread at one end, badger the art of airbrushing fingernails basic course video, top coat, base coat, cleaner x 2, practice finger and rest, 7 stencils and 12 paints. It is new, never been used, the only reason it is for sale is because the seller wants to do freehand nail art.

It is selling for £80- £100. pp would be around £20

I am trying to get on a course at the local college in the new year and wondered if I should buy something now or wait till I've done the course.

Your views most welcome, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease :)

pkb

Hi, I just typed out a huge response and my laptop locked up so this is the 'abridged' version!

It sounds like a Shesto kit (www.shesto.co.uk) - the airbrush alone costs around £95 brand new so yes, sounds like a bargain to me.

Most importantly though, if you do buy it, make sure you get yourself on an airbrush class/course ASAP - I've had too many people come to my classes who have wrecked their airbrushes because they didn't know how to look after them properly. And although airbrushing is easy, you will need to be taught correct techniques (trust me, the video in the kit will not be good enough, you'll need proper instruction) or you'll end up either wrecking your airbrush or not getting the results you want and dumping it all in a dark corner somewhere!

Find out which make of paints are included - more than likely Createx, which are ok, but I much prefer Medea - they are so much easier to clean from the gun and from skin. Having said that, I do still use certain Createx paints because I love the colours of some of them - but do be meticulous when cleaning these paints from you airbrush.

Whatever you do, if you're planning on learning airbrushing in college, if your tutor tells you to put regular nail varnish in it - run a mile!!! Anmd keep running!!! Another member here recently told us her college tutor told her she could do this - NO NO NO NO NO!!!! If you have any airbrushing questions, ask them here, plenty of people to help you and you can always pm me if you wish, I'll be happy to help if I can.

Have fun if you buy your bargain (and if you don't buy it - can you point me in the direction of the seller cos I'm after a spare system! :lol: )

Jackie

Latest posts

Back