Is this fake?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danyel

Reaction score
Hi all, ive just seen this on facebook. Its stating blue and gold cnd shellac nails. I have never seen this blue from cnd. Does anyone know if this is fake? Or does this colour actually exist? (im hoping ive attatched the pic correctly) lol x

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-26-21-45-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-21-45-36.png
    593.2 KB · Views: 286
Hi all, ive just seen this on facebook. Its stating blue and gold cnd shellac nails. I have never seen this blue from cnd. Does anyone know if this is fake? Or does this colour actually exist? (im hoping ive attatched the pic correctly) lol x
My guess would be fake. I've never seen it described as Shellac cnd. It's the wrong way round and if you've never this colour b4 then it probably didn't exist in the genuine colour range

Maybe they have used the bright blue pigment, it looks like the one I bought from cnd x

I'm assuming its pigments as her website is FULL of CND products pictures with nails.

Thanks for your replies. I looked on the link to see if it was additives but couldnt find anything. Does anyone know which additive it is? I dont have a blue one yet and would love this :) x

I doubt very much that this is an authentic CND Shellac colour. I perused this website and it's just a nail art site that generalizes "Shellac" as a nail polish and gives conflicting advice and information. This looks very thick like gel. I found these paragraphs:
"9. Easy To Apply:
You can also apply these nail colors at home with precision, if the idea of going to a parlor every time sounds costly. They still last much longer than ordinary nail paints, even when done at home. Apply a single coat with broad strokes and leave it to dry for ten minutes. Apply the second coat with fine and thin strokes to get a perfect finish at home.
10. Inexpensive:
All these benefits sound too expensive, isn’t it? Well, no, certainly not. Shellac nail polishes are inexpensive beauty treatments that come well under 10 Euros/bottle. These pocket friendly amazing nail polishes can hugely transform the way you used to think about nail styling."

This isn't CND's Facebook page. Just a normal Joe soap who shares any nail photos regardless of whether they are CND or not. I ended up unfollowing/unliking.

Ive done the same EmmaLF!

Only reason I unliked is the name! Love the photos though. I have no problem with nail pages sharing photos but not naming it shellac CND when it's not even shellac photos. Its misleading.

looks more like a Gelish colour to me but I could be wrong. Never seen a CND Shellac in this colour. x

I have'nt either. I wish they did do this colour though, its lovely :)

That's girlish maliblu me away x

Yep it's Gelish Maliblu Me Away and the person who's taken over that page posts any old random stuff he finds. It was run by a lot of nail technicians until it got hijacked and all the admin got deleted. The person running it says that he was given the page and was told he could do what he liked with it. I unliked/unfollowed it the other day. The new Shellac page (also run and admined by UK nail tech's not S2 or CND) is called CND Shellac Power Polish. Submit your work to that page instead Xx

Latest posts

Back