Is this the best deal for spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Ok I've decided to finally bite the bullet and get started with my spray tanning! (yeah!) I've wanted to do it for a long time now and am finally going to do it.

I just want to check with you geeks if i am really getting a good deal first, I'm really not sure so any feedback you have will be great.

I had decided to go with Sienna X it just seemed the easier safer option but also I get some brain numbed whilst looking at all the other options...

This is the best deal I have been offered:

the starter maximist kit is £499 + vat this includes the following.

1 x Sienna X Spray Tan Cubicle
• 1 x HVLP Maxi Mist Machine
• 3 × litres spray tan solution
• exfoliating preparation spritz × 500ml
• barrier cream × 500ml
• 50 × exquisitely soft body polish sachets
• 50 × exotically rich face & body wash sachets
• 50 × extend & perfect gradual tan sachets
• 50 × exceptional radiance moisturising balm sachets
• sachet/leaflet display stand
• black roller bag
• buffing mitt
• A2 poster × 1
• A3 poster × 1
• 50 × consultation cards
• 50 × Q&A leaflets
• 100 × business flyers*
• training manual (received at your training)
• marketing manual (by e-mail)
• training at Sienna X venue (limited period only)
• 5 × disposable T-strings
• 5 × disposable face masks
• 5 × disposable hair caps
• 5 ×pairs disposable sticky feet pads
• 5 × latex gloves
• 1 × window sticker

I keep asking if the machine is still good and it's good to use at home or take around mobile. Also the 3 litres of tan how many tans would I be able to get out of this roughly before having to get more stock.

I'm so cautious with this as I really do have very limited funds for this and I need to make sure that this machine and is going to do the job for me, and i'm trying to work out my budget but it's a bit hard, I'm really not slating the company but all im getting from them is yes all is well but i haven't got any firm answers on what budgets i'm looking at au over the next 2 months outlay for tan etc...im not sure i even made sense there.... I just want some concrete advice from you pros before i sign on the dotted line so to speak lol

Thank you! :)

I went with Sienna x and I'm impressed with kit and products still. I went with the truespray but ive heard good things about maximist too. I got a rep to come out to me and show me the guns and they sprayed me too. It's really confusing when you are deciding as there is so much choice. With regards to your solutions and number of tans if you have not spraytanned before you will use abit more solution at first and also takes a while to get the client base up but once you get your name out there spraytanning is a good moneymaker and is quick. Especially if you do more tanning parties. I would say now I do about20-25 tans per 1 litre depending on clients and their size.

There are many kits out there that are on special offer at the moment so well worth doing a bit of googeling for a few hrs and save yourself some money
Good luck

Hi
I am a mobile tanner and I have the maximist 5008 and I find it a good reliable machine.

There is a teeny issue with tan sometimes getting into the threads of the cups and dripping a little but I have not had any major problems with this. (I think it's because the machine forces air into the cup to make the solution feed into the gun and this pushes a little solution into the lid and it works it way down the threads).

You will get anywhere up 25 people out of 1 litre of solution. I would work your prices/funds out based on getting 18 people per litre to start with just as it's safer to expect to get less tans & then have the bonus of getting more rather than expecting to get 25 and being diaspointed/upset that you only got 20 if that makes sense.

There will be people that wont want the lower solution and people that wont want the higher solution so dont expect to use all 3 strengths at the same rate. I find the 10% to be most popular and then 12% with me hardly ever using 8%. Although I have seen me mix 12% and 8% (in equal quantities) to make a 10% as I'd run out and my delivery was delayed with snow :rolleyes: it turned out fine and the client couldnt tell the difference to me just using a 10% I'd bought - thanfully :p.

As for if the package is a good deal or not I cant really say because I trained with a lesser known but creditable company the deal on 1-2-1 training with a kit was (maximist 5008, 3 spare cups, spare pick-up tube & filters for maximist, a pop up tent in bag, 250ml barrier cream, 1 litre of solution, 10 pairs sticky feet, 10 hats, 10 thongs, Ring binder with 50 consultation cards, a wheeled bag 1-2-1 training and a training manual for £450 - **Including VAT**) I used about half of my free litre to practice on friends for free until I felt confident in tanning and then I tryed out lots of samples and selected the solution I'm now using.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
There are many kits out there that are on special offer at the moment so well worth doing a bit of googeling for a few hrs and save yourself some money
Good luck

Collin, you haven't seen the mobile trolley pro on offer anywhere have you? (as seen on spray tan supermarket) thinking about getting one of these :wink2:

Collin, you haven't seen the mobile trolley pro on offer anywhere have you? (as seen on spray tan supermarket) thinking about getting one of these :wink2:

have you got a link?

I don't just want the trolley Collin, I want the whole kaboodle! lol, the compressor, the gun, the trolley... everything :green: might even get the whole kit including tent, compressor, solution and kitchen sink! My tent is battered and I was thinking of investing in an extractor fan anyway so works out cheaper for me in long run to buy the whole lot together :Scared:

There are lots out there , personally i chose to buy a kit that that held all the essentials for me.]
Tent
machiene
Solution
Disposables
Mop Caps etc

The rest of the stuff , like leaflets etc...i wanted to have my own promoting my business not the solution. As in time you may find you want to change your solution than your stuck with all this promoting material for a product you no longer use.

I think get the question is do you want to promote the solution company or your mobile business?
People may have different views on this , as the starter pack with the leaflets can save time if your wanting to get started and are not a bad thing. But personally if your wanting to get mobile and recognised id get out there promotion your business not the solution.

As i have found i am wanting to change solution soon , but i dont have to go and change all my leaflets or bin aload i have paid for i just put on my website what products i use.
Its truly up to you but you could save your self At least £200 by cutting out all the xtras that you may find you actually done want or need GOOD LUCK x

I don't just want the trolley Collin, I want the whole kaboodle! lol, the compressor, the gun, the trolley... everything :green: might even get the whole kit including tent, compressor, solution and kitchen sink! My tent is battered and I was thinking of investing in an extractor fan anyway so works out cheaper for me in long run to buy the whole lot together :Scared:

I have also been looking at the trolley pro kit on spraytansupermarket, but having been searching aroudn to see if theres a cheaper deal for the same kit??? If anyone knows of one I would appreciate some help here :lol:

Latest posts

Back