Is Wella Koleston Special Blonde 12/81 more violet toned than 12/61?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chingaming

Reaction score
Having been carefully instructed by a kind colourist, I've been lifting my own hair for about 6 years now. I'm naturally dark mousy blonde and have had my hair a very pale cool blonde using Wella Koleston Special Blonde - Special Violet Ash Blonde 12/61 with 40 vol for about 50 mins.

The last 2 or 3 times however I've noticed a less violet toned blonde, hints of brassiness are creeping in and I had to use a toner for the first time last month. I've noticed Wella do another special blonde 12/81 called Special Pearl Ash Blonde. On the swatch it looks whiter with more violet tones.

My question is, can someone with experience using the Koleston Special Blonde range advise if 12/81 comes out a more violet toned blonde than 12/61?

Many thanks for all input!

Having been carefully instructed by a kind colourist, I've been lifting my own hair for about 6 years now. I'm naturally dark mousy blonde and have had my hair a very pale cool blonde using Wella Koleston Special Blonde - Special Violet Ash Blonde 12/61 with 40 vol for about 50 mins.

The last 2 or 3 times however I've noticed a less violet toned blonde, hints of brassiness are creeping in and I had to use a toner for the first time last month. I've noticed Wella do another special blonde 12/81 called Special Pearl Ash Blonde. On the swatch it looks whiter with more violet tones.

My question is, can someone with experience using the Koleston Special Blonde range advise if 12/81 comes out a more violet toned blonde than 12/61?

Many thanks for all input!

If you're not a hair professional then you shouldnt be using professional products.

find a kinder 'colourist' that will do it for you and not wrongly advise you to use products that, in the hands of someone that doesn't know what they are doing, could really damage your hair, scalp and even your health.

Thanks so much for your reply. I get your point, if I was doing this for the first time it might be relevant for you to ward me off using professional products, of course the general public shouldn't attempt all the procedures you learn to do safely and effectively with professional training. However, 6 years of the perfect colour (until now) and great condition hair shows I am intelligent enough to follow instructions precisely. Thank you for your concern for my health etc.

Does anyone helpful have any thoughts on my colour question? Thanks.

Im afraid you will get much of the same replies here. Its against the Salon Geek rules to advise non professionals on the use of proffessional products.
Sorry but there is a reason why.....we have trained long and hard to do what we do, and where will it get the industry if every tom, dick and harry start slapping on all sorts of stuff. Please dont get shirty, we are merely protecting our industry and the laws of health and safety.
Go back to the "kind colourist" and see what they say is the best advice I can give you.
x

To any trained professional interested in this shade query, the Wella 12/81 was exactly what I was hoping. A less yellow, paler, more ashy platinum shade than 12/61. Really nice colour.

To any trained professional interested in this shade query, the Wella 12/81 was exactly what I was hoping. A less yellow, paler, more ashy platinum shade than 12/61. Really nice colour.

Darling, you should not be doing this at all! So well done on your colour choice! But what will you do when you leave it on just that little bit longer and you cause your self a chemical burn? You will have a bald patch. Or when you overlap the tint just a little bit and the hair snaps? Wake up and realise that professional colouring isn't just a tube of tint! It's ratios, experience and a whole lot of hard work! And as for the person telling you the advice on 12:61! They should not be hairdressing! What a totally unprofessional person. :evil:

Latest posts

Back